Sega dreamcast outsells the Xbox.

Yup,

Its true,the Dreamcast sells better than the Xbox in Japan for two weeks now.....this brings us to two points:

No.1:The Dreamcast has a great fanbase in Japan(No wonder Ikaruga is coming :) )

No.2:The people in Japan don't want to have a microsoft console. ;)

Toysrus Japan are starting to sell it from 15.04.02 in a bundle of a Xbox and 4 games(Genma Onimusha,Dead or Alive 3,Jet Set Radio Future and Projekt Gotham Racing) for 340 $.

That brings us to a conclusion:Sega should really think about bringing a console out during the next Generation of things....

Sega should wait until profitability. Sure the Dreamcast is outselling the xbox, 1, xbox is microsoft and everyone knows how vile microsoft is, 2, the DC is dirt cheap, with a large base of games, so what would you rather buy?

But personally after playing halo for the first time, the game rocks.

Well you know it isn't that the Dreamcast sells so good it's just that the Xbox sells awfull...they sold 10.000 consoles in two weeks where even the gamecube sold like around 100.000....

Sega should wait until profitability.

Thats why i think they shoud start about a new console at the next generation of consoles...

My opinion on Halo:I don't want to see something like this on a console...it started a trend on the Xbox making over a half of all anounced games are 3d shooters...

I believe its segas plan, get their games on a much wider base of consoles, so everyone gets a chance to play quality sega games, get them to see the light so to speak and boom, they will hit the community with a new console which will destroy all other consoles.

Quote: from ShinJedah on 3:44 pm on April 13, 2002

Well you know it isn't that the Dreamcast sells so good it's just that the Xbox sells awfull...they sold 10.000 consoles in two weeks where even the gamecube sold like around 100.000....

Sega should wait until profitability.

Thats why i think they shoud start about a new console at the next generation of consoles...

My opinion on Halo:I don't want to see something like this on a console...it started a trend on the Xbox making over a half of all anounced games are 3d shooters...

1. The GameCube sold worse than the Xbox.

2. Halo is not "3d" person. :D

When? Where? I suppose it's likely that in the U.S., in the first hour after the XBox launch, Xbox sold better than Gamecube. If you'd like your statement to have more specific meaning than that, I suggest that you qualify it a bit more...

Please tell me this is some kind of joke. I'm tired, and I don't really feel like correcting any gross misinterpretations right now...

Japanese sales Chart:

Gamecube 21.312 (25.03.2002 - 31.03.2002) 363.245 (Sold consoles in 2002)

Xbox 5.157 (25.03.2002 - 31.03.2002) 190.092 (Sold consoles in 2002)

You know what the funny thing is?That the Dreamcast isn't even in the weakly chart since the System is "dead"....

Personally after the DC, I think that all next gen systems suck. I've been playing more and more games on my computer after the death of the DC. GC is ok, but it doesnt have too many good games that I enjoy playing, Xbox is Microsoft, and PS2, dont get me started on the Sony front.

That's odd...since the death of the DC, I've been playing more and more DC games :) Maybe it's just 'coz I get 'em cheap
tongue.gif

Hahahah!!

Me too!!

In the last month I´ve bought Skies Of Arcadia, Head Hunter, Code Veronica and Shenmue 2 for 12/18 euros each. Now we don´t need to backup games since there are a lot of games selling everywhere very cheap.

Original games rule!!!

Spanish Don Gloton

Hey, its all about Command and Conquer Renegade Multiplayer over gamespy for me, oh and Counterstrike :) I play DC too, but not as much as PC.

Quote: from Ratamahatta on 10:13 am on April 14, 2002

Hey, its all about Command and Conquer Renegade Multiplayer over gamespy for me.

You're the only person I've heard say they actually like C&C: Renegade. Never having played it I don't know, but... EA has been slipping lately IMHO. Not that I got good tech support from Westwood before EA took over.

Quote: from Quadriflax on 2:31 pm on April 14, 2002

Quote: from Ratamahatta on 10:13 am on April 14, 2002

Hey, its all about Command and Conquer Renegade Multiplayer over gamespy for me.

You're the only person I've heard say they actually like C&C: Renegade. Never having played it I don't know, but... EA has been slipping lately IMHO. Not that I got good tech support from Westwood before EA took over.

I like it because it's different, actually screwing around in the C&C universe, I love just taking a stealth tank and running somebody over when they arent looking, always some good fun with that.

Quote: from ExCyber on 11:19 pm on April 13, 2002

When? Where? I suppose it's likely that in the U.S., in the first hour after the XBox launch, Xbox sold better than Gamecube. If you'd like your statement to have more specific meaning than that, I suggest that you qualify it a bit more...

Please tell me this is some kind of joke. I'm tired, and I don't really feel like correcting any gross misinterpretations right now...

LOL, I guess my attempt at sarcasm didn't quite come out right.

Yeah, text is bad at that unless you start including substantial hints. It probably also didn't help that I was struggling to stay awake at the time...

Quote: from Ratamahatta on 3:58 pm on April 13, 2002

I believe its segas plan, get their games on a much wider base of consoles, so everyone gets a chance to play quality sega games, get them to see the light so to speak and boom, they will hit the community with a new console which will destroy all other consoles.

Lol, Ninja style there.. they won't see it coming.

I think if sega realease a new console they should take a leav out of everyone's book. Why oh why is the xbox so expensie and MS still makes a loss on the consoles when for the same money you can build a better spec'd PC? Most successful technology happens either because of the mentertinment industry :) or because of using standard components, like the motorola 68k. The xbox uses a pentium 3, standard component. so it is easy to develop for.

Simplicity is also a good idea. The gamecube has that. It is dedicated as a games machine and doesnt include crap like a DVD player or CD player. Therefore it is cheap. People like cheap things hense why no-one is buying the Xbox. Since the gamecube hsa not been released here yet i cannot tell you how successful it is yet.

Although it never came to production, perhaps they should take a look at the indrema, a standard operating system that is also easy to develop for and also cheap.

The PS2 also makes a handy paperweight and is a good weapon if theives break into your house. The CD tray is also a good coffee cup holder

Lol, Ninja style there.. they won't see it coming.

The purpose of the Sega Ninja is to flip out and kill consoles. :biggrin:

The xbox uses a pentium 3, standard component. so it is easy to develop for.

Yes, but only to the extent that someone else had to burn out their brain writing a compiler for such an evil architecture :p. x86 is a complete mess, and that it's still popular after over two decades is positively mind-boggling to me...

Simplicity is also a good idea. The gamecube has that. It is dedicated as a games machine and doesnt include crap like a DVD player or CD player. Therefore it is cheap.

Once you have the architecture in place, a CD/DVD player really just means a bit more software. DVD requires licensing fees too, I guess - supposedly the license fees are why Microsoft sells the DVD kit separately...

Although it never came to production, perhaps they should take a look at the indrema, a standard operating system that is also easy to develop for and also cheap.

See, the problem with this is that... well... it's not actually a fixed, game-optimized architecture with direct hardware access, which is one of the defining elements of consoles. Once you start coding to something like Mesa or SGL, you might as well just develop your game for PC, because that's exactly what you're doing anyway.

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@April 13 2002,11:58

very very good point...

let's all hope that THAT is the case (and hope that the next Sega console won't cost over $400)

hehehe, let everyone get a taste first before pulling them to you... it's like what those damn pieces of **** illegal drugs do to the world today...

Back