Sega Model 3 Emulator A Reality!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Thanks to the guys at Retrogames.com for the news. Directly from RG:

"We'd just like people to know that there is a Model 3 emulator in development which has made significant progress. Lost World is pretty much playable though there is obviously still a lot left to do with the graphics. There won't be a release anytime in the near future.

There is a lack of games to test and more Model 3 dumps would be very much appreciated. We hope that perhaps some interest can be generated in Model 3 dumping. The current games that are dumped are: VF3, VF3TB, Lost World, Scud Race, Virtual On 2, and Virtua Striker 2 '99. Of these, VF3 and VF3TB may be bad dumps.

In the screenshots, the artifacts are due to incorrect alpha blending. The background is definitely not supposed to show through like that ;) We're not handling RGB4 textures yet, either (hence the funky blue bushes.) We know what's causing the alpha blending problems and how to fix them, but we're not going to bother with that yet as it's fairly unimportant for now."

Pictures here.

Thanks to Gaz_2_k for the info on this!

I want it only for Scud Race :D (and maybe Daytona 2, I've never played it) because it was never released on a console but I also want a perfect Model 2 for all of his great games.

Originally posted by vbt@Aug 2, 2003 @ 05:44 PM

I want it only for Scud Race :D (and maybe Daytona 2, I've never played it) because it was never released on a console but I also want a perfect Model 2 for all of his great games.

i feel the same way.

Back