Sega news

antime

Extra Hard Mid Boss
Some bigger and some smaller news. First, Sega will reorganize their studios. Second, AM2 will get a new president.

Continuing with AM2, here's a supposedly leaked list of their upcoming releases. Still at the rumour stage is Fighting Vipers 3. It's not all AM2 though, Sega Rosso are reported to have Sega Rally 3 finished and just waiting for some licensing issues to be cleared out (maybe they learned something from the Nike/Lady Kier debacles?)

On an unrelated but sadder note, Data East have declared bankruptcy.

wow I was thinking they were killing off the Fighting Vipers series.

They have a long ways to catch up to Soul Calibur

Originally posted by antime@Jul 8, 2003 @ 02:06 PM

On an unrelated but sadder note, Data East have declared bankruptcy.

NO! I love Data East
sad.gif

Originally posted by racketboy@Jul 8, 2003 @ 01:24 PM

wow I was thinking they were killing off the Fighting Vipers series.

They have a long ways to catch up to Soul Calibur

Actually... they surpassed it before Soul Calibur or Soul Blade even came out. Virtua Fighter was released in 1993/94, so there ya go. I haven't played Soul Calibur (DC NOR PoS2/XBox/GC) at all, but if Soul Blade is any indication (Tekken with weapons), then it's just another button masher, and button mashers suck. Not to say Tekken or Soul Blade are bad, they're great games, but Virtua Fighter will always be the King of Fighters
wink.gif
Since it relies on strategy and timing to succeed, it's much better than just slapping away at the buttons <_<

Although VF4 feels more like a button masher to me, since I'm am NOT used to playing with the PoS2 controller! I can never remember the block button!

I haven't played Soul Blade, but I'm thinking the improvement to Soul Calibur/SC II is significant. They can be button mashers, but there is also a nice amount of depth to them. Like most "button mashing" fighters, if you are good at the game, you can overcome any button mashing players.

I really loved VF3 on the DC, but after indulging in some SC on DC, FV3 seems a little dull at times. They are very different games, but it still seems true.

However if they use the latest VF4 engine and tweak it and add weapons, I'm sure it will give some good competition for the SC family.

why are people who dont know how to play a game or just happen to like button mashing suck ?

if you think your an expert and you get pissed at being beaten by a button masher then your not an expert

let the mashers like my sisters enjoy them selves too

i remember watching my sister play some dude who started swearing at her cause she was just mashing buttons and beating him every time

The Only time i hated loosing to a button smasher, was when it was this little kid, and these chicks were watching. After my defeat, i turned to see them laughing at me!
damn.gif

Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jul 9, 2003 @ 02:39 PM

The Only time i hated loosing to a button smasher, was when it was this little kid, and these chicks were watching. After my defeat, i turned to see them laughing at me!
damn.gif

yeah I hate that feeling
smile.gif

the first time my wife and I played MvC2 she wooped me bad by button mashing.

At least it made her feel special
smile.gif

button mashing may suck, but its a viable skill. And if someone is any good at a certain game, then they should be able to find a work around to that persons button mashing...

:agree

Back