Sega Saturn Kiosk Pics

I got this Sega Saturn Kiosk. Here are some pics of it.

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/Xangalore/

Got it from a guy who put it up on craigslist here in Portland, OR.

Cost $300. But it ended up being more like $500 after I had to replace the monitor (the one that was in it was crap), some of the light bulbs, and the cost of moving it across town. A little spendy, but it really kind of embodies my youthful love of sega from my days of being a sega fanboy back during the snes/genesis wars.

This thing is very very solidly constructed. If you haven't ever come across one, then you may not realize that it is like solid industrial grade metal and it probably weighs like 500lbs or something. It was a killer trying to move it, and I think that is part of the reason why the guy was selling it because he was tired of having to take it with him whenever he moved.

The only minor little thing that seems to be noticeably wrong with it is that the thing the controllers sit on isn't perfectly horizontal, probably from getting bumped and banged from getting moved over the years. It might not be that noticeable in the pics, but it's something that I can notice if I look at it head on.

But it's got working built in speakers and everything, and the lights look sweet just to have on even if you aren't using the system. You can put any system you want to in it provided that it fits inside.

Nice kiosk, it looks like the kiosk that owns also Mr Saturn, I'm not sure :unsure:

i remember those saturn kisoks from when i was 9!!! we went to disney world in florida and in the epcot center was what i remember being as a huge room that had hundreds of n64 and saturn kisoks! i remember playing a sonic game(cant remember wether it was sonic r or sonic jam, but i know it was 3d), and that is what inspired me to get a saturn. although house of the dead was also responsible, i finally got one in 2001 and have been playing it alot. i finally got it modded a week a ago, so i am playing it alot more!

that's my story! :cool:

I remember playing at the epcot center and it was steep slope sliders! lol Was killer! o N64 at that time though...

Originally posted by Raijin Z@Tue, 2006-05-02 @ 10:45 AM

Five hundred dollars, though? I can't help but roll my eyes.

[post=146024]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I know. It would probably get at least twice that on ebay.

Hahahahaha, good damn luck.

Buyer pays $1000 with CC through PayPal.

Seller sends item.

Buyer receives item.

Buyer files complaint to eBay stating he never got the item.

eBay locks seller's PayPal account, withdraws $1000 to refund to buyer.

Seller is banned from eBay.

Seller receives receipt confirmation slip.

Seller receives JPG of buyer's scrotum.

And this all can happen with the current rule set.

Originally posted by Raijin Z@Tue, 2006-05-02 @ 09:35 PM

Seller sends item.

Buyer receives item.

[post=146040]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow. Those are some pretty irefutable statements there. We'd better get the word out. Maybe you should start your own website and disemminate these brilliant nuggets of information. Maybe we could solicit your opinions on all sorts of topical subjects and publish them. I really think people deserve to have access to your insightful and well-supported pronouncements.

Originally posted by Raijin Z@Wed, 2006-05-03 @ 02:35 PM

Seller sends item.

Buyer receives item.

[post=146040]Quoted post[/post]​

Seller digs up old address which item was sent to

Seller goes on a road trip with his closest friend, mr pump action shot gun

Buyer becomes subject of leading story in the next days news bulletin

Back