SEGA Saturn & MEGAMAN X3...

Originally posted by alucardgar+Aug 22, 2003 @ 10:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alucardgar @ Aug 22, 2003 @ 10:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-retroborg@Aug 21, 2003 @ 08:19 PM

What you can use to fix this problem is a 50/60HZ switch. I've heard this also fixes speed problems that occur when playing PAL games on NTSC consoles as well as the reduced display you're experiencing.

Is there a software (like saturn country converter) to change a cd image from PAL to NTSC? :huh [/b][/quote]

Not with the Saturn. Unlike the PlayStation and Dreamcast, the Saturn's output mode is hardware-determined. Hence the need for a switch =/

Where/how do you install this 50/60HZ switch & what does it look like?

Is it a wire sticking out in the back of the Saturn box once it is installed?

How much does it cost? Where can I find info & pics of this switch?

Haivng played both versions, I can confirm:

1) The PSX version has no borders, like the SNES version

Like explained before, the Saturn doesn't support the 256x based resolutions. The That's the base SNES', PC Engine's and PC-FX resolution. The Genesis offered support to that resolution, along the 320x one.

2) Borders aside, all games are identical. All anime cutscenes are in both versions, there's no exclusive ones.

Extra info: the pirate Genesis Rockman X3 uses borders like the Saturn version! I don't remember if they are the same borders, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are.

Back