Sega Saturn Model 1 Modding Question

S

SaturnBlue

Im having some trouble modding my model 1 saturn, ive re-routed the pins like it tells me to on this site

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/Raluminat/model1.html

however when i plug the chip into the board the disk doesnt spin at all.

the cd cable connections are fine and the pins have been re-routed correctly (i tested the connections with a multimeter)

the instructions arent very specific when it comes to the actual installation of the chip

am i still supposed to connect the 5v power to this spot?

64pinchippower.jpg

and am i supposed to connect any other wires to the motherboard or do i need to do the A + B thing or should i be good to go?

thanks for any help

Sorry im very new to this, but had the same problem just now. i just did 2 units (model 1).. and same problem.. well after 2 seconds i dound the error.. and its not on our part .. if u look at model 1 diagrams , the spot for the chip is not were we have it, its off to the left not down near the eject area... 2nd, the chips according to install docs, says to face the motherboard. well in these units revers the chip face it away from the drive and motherboard. and the ribbon cable has to be flipped. blue band facing down... it wasnt easy getting that cable to reach but i did it, now all is good, everything works... Funny thing too, read the toubleshooting docs and it talks about 2 red spears in the cd menu, well when this chip is instered the way the doc says to, you will get 1 red spear and 1 yellow spear, and they swap sides every reboot. lol... anyways I will take pics tomorrow when i do the 3rd unit. and show you how it looks. if I had seen this post a few mins ago I would have left mine open and teken them.. sorry

Back