sega saturn save converter

Hey guys, I decided recently to try mednafen (actually mednaffe) and I like it a lot. I would like to convert now the internal memory of some games from SSF to Mednafen. So I follow the steps described by @aznbkmami (SSF to Mednafen):

- Open the .bkr file in the RAM parser and try to insert the file of SSF (insert mode: SSF). But I get this message and I cant insert it:

1634226510887.png

I must be doing something wrong because I remember being able to convert from SSF to yaba with the same method and it worked back then. But when I try it now I get this same error. So it is not something related to the .bkr or bkram files but a different issue I would say.

Any thoughts?
I´d totally appreciate any input about this! :)

PS: I got it! I was trying to insert the wrong file (the save state instead of the internal backup). Now it works. False alarm :burnout:

Last edited:
I've been trying to use this for about a week now (I need to convert my save to mednafen format to avoid a crash that only doesn't show up in mednafen), and it just doesn't work for me. Kronos libretro gives me 4 different files (a .bcr, a .bkr, a .smpc, and a .ldci) and none of them do anything when I drop them on the .exe. I also managed to get a .ram file from the ram parser, but that doesn't do anything either. How do I make this work?

I've been trying to use this for about a week now (I need to convert my save to mednafen format to avoid a crash that only doesn't show up in mednafen), and it just doesn't work for me. Kronos libretro gives me 4 different files (a .bcr, a .bkr, a .smpc, and a .ldci) and none of them do anything when I drop them on the .exe. I also managed to get a .ram file from the ram parser, but that doesn't do anything either. How do I make this work?
Did you also try the other converter? I linked to it earlier in the thread. That converter does require windows with a newer version of .Net installed though.

This isn't Kronos then...... bcr and bkr are beetle format files. Kronos uses a bin (Unless they somehow broke away from the norm with Yabause source)

Can you share the files?

BCR/BKR is Mednafen format so all you have to do is drop the BCR and BKR files into Mednafen's save folder, making sure that they both have the same name as your Sakura Wars ISO. This method grants access to your saves in both Mednafen standalone and Beetle Saturn for RetroArch, as shown in the screenshots below.

Attachments

• beetle.png
    beetle.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 117
  • mednafen.png
    mednafen.png
    187 KB · Views: 119
BCR/BKR is Mednafen format so all you have to do is drop the BCR and BKR files into Mednafen's save folder, making sure that they both have the same name as your Sakura Wars ISO. This method grants access to your saves in both Mednafen standalone and Beetle Saturn for RetroArch, as shown in the screenshots below.
Ok. Apparently all I needed to do was set retroarch to not make separate folders for saves per core (which has NEVER screwed up anything before this) and then copy and paste the save files to the lower directory, which made them show up. Thanks for the help!

Hi everyone!

I've been trying to finish Shining the Holy Ark but the game freezes (using yabasanshiro 3.3.2) at a certain "knight" boss in the mansion in the woods. I was hoping to use either Medfanen or RetroArch to finish the game, but unsure on how to transfer either my save state (preferred - during the boss animation) or the save game (okay, too - at the town before the mansion). I downloaded Sega Saturn RAM Backup parser 0.9.5, but I have no clue what I'm doing. I saw another thread, but it was to use SSF. Would someone please help me with this?

Thanks a lot!

Cin
Hi!

This exactly why I save the same game twice using a system + cart save on the actual console.

All the best to You with this issue!

Back