Sega Saturn US Game Chart v1.0

After a few months of buying games and documenting information about them, I bring to my fellow saturn fans my saturn game info chart. It contains almost anything you would everl ike to know for every US retail saturn game. Feel free to take a look and post some feedback. If anyone has the skills to make the page look any better i'll be happy to send them the excel doc with the info. I know it doesnt look the best, but its the content that matters :)

Right now its in two flavors, the simple and detailed versions. The detailed has some redundant and inaccurate info (most header info is incorrect, [not my fault] which is why I went back to add the peripheral logos and serial numbers listed on the box). It's there for documentational purposes only, but neat to look at. For example, PDS supports the floppy drive, which is left over info from the jap version iirc.

Anyway, please post any suggestions or corrections for future revisions.

Enjoy

http://saturn.emulation64.com/saturn_game_info_simple_view.htm

http://saturn.emulation64.com/saturn_game_info_detailed_view.htm

Very interesting and well-made project, thanks.

How many games did you buy in the course of this - and any new faves? =)

Every US title was bought and eventually sold :p I didnt have the income at the time to keep them all so it was a buy/sell cycle until I got them all done.

I really liked astal, rayman, both bust-a-moves (they're just so addictive :S), contra, galactic attack, house of the dead, in the hunt, as well as a bunch of classics (daytona usa/cce, virtua cop 1/2, sega rally, and the list goes on).

There were quite a bit of crap games, but the ones that were good seemed to make up for it. Out of the 247 games, maybe 50 or so were real gems that made the system shine, the rest were either mediocre or just horrible.

Cool. Yeah, I really need to check out "the classics"!

Speaking of Rayman . . . sure, it's a great game, but it can get very annoying. =D

Do you have a spreadsheet version? It would be nice to get a filtered list so I could easily see all the games that support the analog controller (the knights controller I assume).

If you wanted to post your full list of "gems", that would be helpful too. For genesis, I have everything on rom so I can test out games to see if they're good before I buy them. But with Saturn, it's not so easy, so I have to always go by on-line reviews.

It is quite amazing just how much crab is out there, on any system. I just can't imagine that developers would allow the game out the door. I mean, didn't they test it at all before selling it? It shouldn't have taken more than 10 minutes and 2 people to realize the game sucked. It's hart to imagine someone paying 50+ dollars for it.

Back