Sega To Release a New Handheld?

Wont ever workout. It'll be hacked right off and noone will buy any games or anything for it. It will however be a cool device. Specially if it plays Sat games and shit..

The processor choice doesn't make a lot of sense. An SH-4 or SH-4A (available up to 400MHz currently) would provide more direct compatability and their engineers are more comfortable with it.

If it is real, I'll certainly buy one though.

I'd be all over this as well. I'm always excited about retro games being brought back for the public. Thanks for the translation racketboy. I hope this happens.

Man, I sure hope this is a prank. Systems that only emulate are sooo souless (yeah I'm lookin' at you GP32). Besides, with all this new hardware shouldn't we be expecting some original content by now...instead of companies just milking their back-catalogs?

Dunno about you guys, but I've already got a ton of sega classics I love on their other systems. This just seems half-assed to me especially coming from the type of company that sega used to be.

I'd love to see it come out. Yes emulation is souless but so are a lot of consumers :p. I think it would be a great way for sega to get back into the hardware biz. It is designed for their current client base all they would have to do is start slipping new software into the system.

Ah, I guess you're right. For folks just jumping on the sega bus, something like this would've been cool. Especially if it could be hacked for homebrew.

Man, what's up with people pranking sega fans all of a sudden? First that whole Shenmue Passport mess, then the Sonic stuff and now this. Are we that easy prey? :lol:

Originally posted by Edge-`+Fri, 2006-04-14 @ 12:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Edge-` @ Fri, 2006-04-14 @ 12:59 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's an April Fool's joke ^_^

http://www.inpactvirtuel.com/news/Sega-Con...ME-CONSOLE-.htm

[/b]

If that's the case they really should post it on the 1st rather than the 2nd of April. :/

<!--QuoteBegin-the article in question

Dimanche 02 avril 2006 à 18h00, rédigé par Gizmo

[/quote]

*Only* reason to own an n-gage. Well, there's more than one (i.e., random commentary ala "what the f*ck kind of phone is that??), but for some, it's just one. Anyway, that's why I bought it. Sonic 2 on the go? Very nice.

Handheld gaming is a terrible market to get into. Ultimately, you'll be compared to the Gameboy, and really, it's a lost cause. I thought the PSP could give it a run, but nope. That new DS Lite is quite exciting, especially with some of the games they're planning for it.

Back