Sega WOW president resigns, game cancelled

Sega Wow President Resigns

By David Smith

12/17/2003

Rikiya Nakagawa, president of the Sega Wow development studio, has resigned his position, Famitsu.com reports today. He will be replaced by Kazunari Tsukamoto, a 16-year veteran at Sega and a long-time member of the Wow Entertainment studio.

Nakagawa joined Sega as a programmer in 1983, around the same time as AM2 founder Yu Suzuki, and contributed to many games over his 20-year career, mainly for the arcades. No reason for his departure was given, although Wow's development efforts have been somewhat rocky of late. Its Altered Beast revival for PlayStation 2 was recently cancelled and its development team dissolved, while Sega GT Online for Xbox has been hit by multiple delays late in its development cycle.

Sega Wow incorporates the two studios formerly known as Wow Entertainment (makers of House of the Dead) and Overworks (makers of Skies of Arcadia). Both Mr. Nakagawa and Mr. Tsukamoto came from the Wow end of the company -- Tsukamoto was a director of both Wow Entertainment and Sega Wow before rising to his new position.

Source :: http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1416133,00.asp

It was not an AGES title. It was a wholly new game much in the vein of Zombie's Revenge, and featured a stupid storyline (Something about the hero's hometown being destroyed) and a new protagonist.

It sucks whenever they have to cancel a game, period. (well, I wouldn't mind cancellations of MK&AO games, but this is different)

I thought that it was an AGES game... :huh

I must be confusing it with the already released Golden Axe.

No they are doing a new title

It looked crappy though -- I'm kinda glad they canned it

Just like Vectorman.

Back