SegaSaturnPatcher issues with Pheobe

Hi

Can anyone help. Im running Pheobe on a saturn and everytime I try to patch a game it isnt loading in.

Im taking bin / cue romsets and then adding the patch and converting to CCD.

When I boot these on Pheobe it goes to the front end of the saturn like a music player.

Try one of the later test builds (It will say SSP 2.0) floating around,.

I know with CCD there were alignment issues with some games that had to get fixed.

I've got a Rhea in my Saturn and I'm pretty sure it only works with Bin/Cue format in my case. I don't believe I have anything in the clone CD format in my setup. Does the Phoebe not support the Bin/Cue setup? I would think it would as it was newer than the Rhea right?

No, the Rhea is for 20-pin drives, and Phoebe is for 21-pin drives. Neither ODE supports CUE/BIN, and both are identical in terms of operation. One is not newer or more updated in terms of features/compatibility.

You can read more here:

No, the Rhea is for 20-pin drives, and Phoebe is for 21-pin drives. Neither ODE supports CUE/BIN, and both are identical in terms of operation. One is not newer or more updated in terms of features/compatibility.

You can read more here:
I knew the difference between them, but again I'm pretty sure I've got Bin/Cue formats in the folder working on my RHEA. I know I've done a few translation patches to my personal collection of imports I own and thought was the format I was using but now you have me second guessing. What I might have been doing was to make the bin/cue, burn that to a CDRW and then make a CCD with CloneCD from there. It has been a bit since I was doing this as I think the last game I translated for me to play was Bulk Slash.

I knew the difference between them, but again I'm pretty sure I've got Bin/Cue formats in the folder working on my RHEA. I know I've done a few translation patches to my personal collection of imports I own and thought was the format I was using but now you have me second guessing. What I might have been doing was to make the bin/cue, burn that to a CDRW and then make a CCD with CloneCD from there. It has been a bit since I was doing this as I think the last game I translated for me to play was Bulk Slash.
The maker of Rhea/Phoebe is adamantly against CUE/BIN. At the very minimum, you had a CCD file to accompany the BIN file since BIN and IMG files are exactly the same in this context.

Yeah, you must have. Or, like Knight said, had a CCD to accompany the BIN.

CUE/BIN is specifically called out as not supported on the two links I posted above.

1718741397245.png

Bin Cue does not work on my pheobe.

Anyway I sussed the problem by mounting a daemon tools bin cue (specifically cue). Then using clonecd which picks this up as a game and then write to iso (including add TOC) and ccd img format. Everything has worked and im upto date now. :)

Bin Cue does not work on my pheobe.

Anyway I sussed the problem by mounting a daemon tools bin cue (specifically cue). Then using clonecd which picks this up as a game and then write to iso (including add TOC) and ccd img format. Everything has worked and im upto date now. :)
That was one of the two options in my original reply to you. I'm glad you got it working

That said, you may also find it easier to simply drag the .cue file onto the cue2ccd program shared in that original reply of mine (scroll up).

Yes thanks your reply was the guidance I needed.

By the way, which version of the Castlevania patch did you convert? I tried converting the "Ultimate" edition (v1.1) using both cue2ccd, as well as the virtual disc mount + CloneCD method and neither worked on Rhea/Phoebe. I even tried ripping to CDI and MDF/MDS.

In the end, I had to convert the data track to ISO and omit the CDDA track (as it's not needed for the game itself).

By the way, which version of the Castlevania patch did you convert? I tried converting the "Ultimate" edition (v1.1) using both cue2ccd, as well as the virtual disc mount + CloneCD method and neither worked on Rhea/Phoebe. I even tried ripping to CDI and MDF/MDS.
With and without the 4MB RAM cart, Ultimate v1.1 also doesn't work for me on Phoebe when converted to CloneCD format via cue2ccd, but works when converted to CDI via Daemon Tools + DiscJuggler. I use these settings in the latter :
  • Scan gaps/indexes
  • RAW read
  • Verify Image

With and without the 4MB RAM cart, Ultimate v1.1 also doesn't work for me on Phoebe when converted to CloneCD format via cue2ccd, but works when converted to CDI via Daemon Tools + DiscJuggler. I use these settings in the latter :
  • Scan gaps/indexes
  • RAW read
  • Verify Image

Strange, that isn't working for me. I wonder what the issue could be...

Back