SegaSaturnPatcher issues with Pheobe

Hi

Can anyone help. Im running Pheobe on a saturn and everytime I try to patch a game it isnt loading in.

Im taking bin / cue romsets and then adding the patch and converting to CCD.

When I boot these on Pheobe it goes to the front end of the saturn like a music player.
 
Try one of the later test builds (It will say SSP 2.0) floating around,.

I know with CCD there were alignment issues with some games that had to get fixed.
 
I've got a Rhea in my Saturn and I'm pretty sure it only works with Bin/Cue format in my case. I don't believe I have anything in the clone CD format in my setup. Does the Phoebe not support the Bin/Cue setup? I would think it would as it was newer than the Rhea right?
 
No, the Rhea is for 20-pin drives, and Phoebe is for 21-pin drives. Neither ODE supports CUE/BIN, and both are identical in terms of operation. One is not newer or more updated in terms of features/compatibility.

You can read more here:
I knew the difference between them, but again I'm pretty sure I've got Bin/Cue formats in the folder working on my RHEA. I know I've done a few translation patches to my personal collection of imports I own and thought was the format I was using but now you have me second guessing. What I might have been doing was to make the bin/cue, burn that to a CDRW and then make a CCD with CloneCD from there. It has been a bit since I was doing this as I think the last game I translated for me to play was Bulk Slash.
 
I knew the difference between them, but again I'm pretty sure I've got Bin/Cue formats in the folder working on my RHEA. I know I've done a few translation patches to my personal collection of imports I own and thought was the format I was using but now you have me second guessing. What I might have been doing was to make the bin/cue, burn that to a CDRW and then make a CCD with CloneCD from there. It has been a bit since I was doing this as I think the last game I translated for me to play was Bulk Slash.
The maker of Rhea/Phoebe is adamantly against CUE/BIN. At the very minimum, you had a CCD file to accompany the BIN file since BIN and IMG files are exactly the same in this context.
 
I knew the difference between them, but again I'm pretty sure I've got Bin/Cue formats in the folder working on my RHEA. I know I've done a few translation patches to my personal collection of imports I own and thought was the format I was using but now you have me second guessing. What I might have been doing was to make the bin/cue, burn that to a CDRW and then make a CCD with CloneCD from there. It has been a bit since I was doing this as I think the last game I translated for me to play was Bulk Slash.

Yeah, you must have. Or, like Knight said, had a CCD to accompany the BIN.

CUE/BIN is specifically called out as not supported on the two links I posted above.

1718741397245.png
 
Back
Top