Setting up a CS server?

I and a friend are trying to set up a CS server. We have a server computer that is good enough to back up loads of players, but how do we do?

Which programs should we use? In what order should we set it up? Any tips would be helpfull.

It's very well known in France but I'm the only one who never want to play it. I didn't think we would talk about that game on a Sega forum.

Counter Strike is a great game....

with that said to answer your question, You can either set up a listen server or a dedicated server. A listen server means you create a server that YOU can play at the computer that is running it, but less people can connect to it with good speeds....if you create a dedicated server, you can not play from the computer running the server but more people will be able to connect with decent speeds.

To create a server simpilly, click play CS --> play online --> create --> Then set server name, how many players allowed, what map to set the server on, etc... in the bottom corner there is a check box if you want it to be a dedicated server or not....then click Ok and you are good to go
biggrin.gif

NOTE: I recommend installing and configuring Admin mod on your server for best effects and ease of use. Have fun

Yes Admin mod is loads of fun. Screw treating people fair it's your server you do whatever you want. Heh when me and my friends play on my server (i just host like the 6 of us) i'm always slappin em around an when they're in the air I raise the gravity and stuff.

SO great.

It's very well known in France but I'm the only one who never want to play it. I didn't think we would talk about that game on a Sega forum.

I know it might be quite off topic, but this is the General board...

Thanks for the help Zziggy00. I didn´t thought it was that easy. We tried to set up Admin mod, but it was a bit complicated. Well try again...

Back