Seven Years Ago This Month...

Cloud121

Established Member
I bought my first game with my own money. I couldn't decide on either UMK3 for SFC, or VF2 for MD/Genny. I decided on VF2, due to my love for the Arcade game. It was the MD/Genny version of VF2, that made me "The Man" of VF. 😉 :lol: 😛 :smokin: :bow

Really? Man, I could never get into that version of the game. I do know a few people that like it however, but once you've experienced the Saturn/arcade versions, I don't understand how you could ever go back.

Then again... I do find myself playing SSF2 on the Genesis occasionally, despite the awful sound and the fact that I own the DC version (and a good joystick to go with it). I guess there's something to be said for the convenience of cartridges.

Wow that is hardcore if you were impressed by the MD version of VF2. I hated that version. But then I already had the Saturn version, when I played it.

Heh.. all I had at the time was an SFC and MD/Genny. That's why I went with the MD/Genny version of VF. That's where I got good. And yes I WAS impressed by the MD/Genny version of VF. Given how many moves they were able to cram on that cart, PLUS it being 2D, some moves I thought would be taken out, weren't.

I just found it very slow compared to the saturn version. Although the number of moves and stuff crammed into it were impressive, I'll admit that. And after all it was Virtua Fighter.

Btw did anyone ever play the Game Gear version. What was that like?

Yes, I've played the Game Gear Version. It's actually pretty good for an 8-Bit Version of VF. That's the only US VF game I don't own. I also need to get the CG Collection Discs.....

Back