SGL LIBRARIES MESSING ME UP! HELP!

mrkotfw

Mid Boss
C:\sssdk\saturn\sgl\code\data>MAKE

gcc -m2 -L../../lib -Xlinker -T../common/sl.lnk -Xlinker -Map -Xlinker sl.map -X

linker -e -Xlinker ___Start main.o -lsgl -o sl.coff

c:/sssdk/saturn/bin/ld.exe: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory

make.exe: *** [sl.coff] Error 1

crt0.o & crt0.s ????? how do i do this? this is the only thing that keeps me from making any demos
sad.gif

My code is:

#include "sgl.h"

void ss_main(void)

{

slPrint("hello, Sega Saturn!",slLocate(1,1));

while(1)

{

slSynch();

}

}

sad.gif

Have u followed Takashi's Tutorial??? (can be found in Saturn Dev Section, in the "Saturn Documentation")

Just follow it and you shouldn't have any troubles... I hadn't..

If I've deciphered the Makefile messes in the SGL sample directories they don't use crt0.{s|o} (included with the compiler, in the lib directory) but cinit.{c|o}, found in the common directory. Pass the -nostartfiles option to GCC to stop it from looking for the system crt0.o.

C:\sssdk\saturn\sgl\code\data>MAKE

gcc -nostartfiles -m2 -L../../lib -Xlinker -T../common/sl.lnk -Xlinker -Map -Xli

nker sl.map -Xlinker -e -Xlinker ___Start main.o -lsgl -o sl.coff

../../lib/libsgl.a(sglI01.o)(SLPROG+0x22c):fake: undefined reference to `Pbuffer

'

../../lib/libsgl.a(sglI01.o)(SLPROG+0x23c):fake: undefined reference to `Command

Buf'

../../lib/libsgl.a(sglI01.o)(SLPROG+0x244):fake: undefined reference to `SpriteB

ufSize'

../../lib/libsgl.a(sglI01.o)(SLPROG+0x248):fake: undefined reference to `SpriteB

uf'

../../lib/libsgl.a(sglI01.o)(SLPROG+0x25c):fake: undefined reference to `PCM_Wor

k'

make.exe: *** [sl.coff] Error 1

DAMMIT >:[ why does it do this?!?!?!?

How did you set up your Makefile? I suggest you start by copying one of the examples, making a new directory in the sample directory so you don't miss anything. IBarracudaI's suggestion is also a good one.

ya! it worked (the sample) but not mine, its my code!!! hahaha dammit

#include "sgl.h"

void ss_main(void) {

slInitSystem(TV320x244,NULL,1);

slPrint("Hello Saturn!",slLocate(1,1));

while(1) {

slSynch();

}

}

What can be wrong?

I think its because of this:

you have:

slInitSystem(TV320x244,NULL,1);

you should have:

slInitSystem(TV_320x224,NULL,1);

notice the underscore before the resolution....

Back