SGL S.8.8.1 Demo

Hi guys,

Ok so here's the issue :

The demo compiles fine by itself and I get no errors. But when I change the yama.map/cel/pal files I get an undeclared error.

Where are the files declared ?

When I looked through the SGL developers guide the declarations are in the "scrol.h" file.

But then when I change their names I get a undefined reference when I try to compile.

What am I doing wrong here ? Can someone please show me the proper way to use them ?

When changing the names of files, you may have several areas to change the names: in the h files may be one; if you incbin (or similar) the files, the places where you incbin would be another; if the files are in the makefile, you'll have to rename them there as well. I think the makefile is probably where you forgot to change the names.

The declarations are in inc/ss_scrol.h, the definitions come via scl_data.c which just includes the cel/map/pal files. Make sure you're not linking against stale object files.

Thanks Antime.

The demo compiles now but with a warnnig :

array "blabla_cel" assumed to have one element.

Gives me the same thing for the map and pal files.

Is this normal ?

If you didn't get that warning when compiling the unmodified example, then no. Compare how the arrays are declared in the sample and in your modified files.

After a few days break and upon further research into this, I come up with the errors :

[Linker error] undefined reference to `sdst_cel'

C:\SaturnOrbit\SGL_302j\SAMPLE\S_8_8_1\Makefile.win [Build Error] [sl_coff.coff] Error 1

This is beyond my understanding in programming and really is testing my patience !

Even when I checked the sl_coff.map file "presuming it's where the issue lies at" I still get the same error.

Now what ? How do I fix this issue ?

Make sure there is actually a definition of sdst_cel somewhere and not only a declaration, and that you're linking all the object files. If you're still having problems, zip up the project and put it somewhere where I can take a look at it.

Thanks Antime a bunch !

I found out what the error was, apparently I had different definitions in the .pal,.cel.map files than the entry commands i.e (Cel2Vram (file blabla);

Silly me.
confused2.gif

Back