Shenmue II X-Box Cover

Originally posted by lupas@Aug. 22 2002, 3:47 am

i loved shenmue 2 on dc.its just i thought it would of been better in english,with the same actors as the first game.

oh well i guess they was maybe trying to save money by not translating it.

Sega said that they didn't want to change the voice acting to english because they wanted to keep the game more authentic. However, this was probably just an excuse to save money.

Originally posted by Skiad-ops+Aug. 21 2002, 10:26 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skiad-ops @ Aug. 21 2002, 10:26 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lupas@Aug. 22 2002, 3:47 am

i loved shenmue 2 on dc.its just i thought it would of been better in english,with the same actors as the first game.

Sega said that they didn't want to change the voice acting to english because they wanted to keep the game more authentic. However, this was probably just an excuse to save money.[/b][/quote]

yep,i think so.if that was the case(keep it authentic)why did they convert the first game.the ammount they spent on the game(80 million dollers),they probebly was running short of cash.

Originally posted by Skiad-ops+Aug. 22 2002, 4:26 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skiad-ops @ Aug. 22 2002, 4:26 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lupas@Aug. 22 2002, 3:47 am

Sega said that they didn't want to change the voice acting to english because they wanted to keep the game more authentic. However, this was probably just an excuse to save money.[/b][/quote]

If it was to keep it authentic, why use Japanese voices in Hong Kong?

I much prefered the Japanese voices over the English - after hearing a wooden rendidtion of "That day...the day the rain turned to snow..." over and over, who wouldn't?
biggrin.gif

Well at least they don't look freakishly old, like Rolf and Nei on the PSII box, or it isn't misleading, like the Sword of Vermillion box, (Where's the freakin' horse?).

Originally posted by lupas@Aug. 22 2002, 3:18 am

did the u.s version of shenmue 2 have english speaking voices or were they japanese?

There was never a US release of Shenmue 2 - it's Japan and Europe only. At least the people stateside can import it.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Curtis+Aug. 22 2002, 7:50 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curtis @ Aug. 22 2002, 7:50 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Skiad-ops@Aug. 22 2002, 4:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-lupas
@Aug. 22 2002, 3:47 am

Sega said that they didn't want to change the voice acting to english because they wanted to keep the game more authentic. However, this was probably just an excuse to save money.

If it was to keep it authentic, why use Japanese voices in Hong Kong?

I much prefered the Japanese voices over the English - after hearing a wooden rendidtion of "That day...the day the rain turned to snow..." over and over, who wouldn't?
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

I think what Sega meant by making it authentic was by the voices being in a different accent to the first, as it would be for Ryo (travelling to Hong Kong from Jap).

It is clearly just to save money though
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Raijin Z@Aug. 22 2002, 6:06 pm

Mega Man cart

** gagging to hold back laughter **

** can't hold back any longer **

Blahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!

Ok -- after seeing that, I love the Shenmue II cover ???

Back