Shining force 3 promtion?

The dark ring is cool, i havent bothered to equip it i just kept it as an item and use it is cool, i cn use blaze 2 with any character although its not as powerful as using it with a wizard or magic character still cool though. And i given Grace an ankh that gives tornado magic so its easier to get exp points with her.

Yes dark ring is good. Also Grace can reach unbelievable levels with heal and patience. you can level up her several times in one battle(just heal every amount of injuries even 1 HP).
smile.gif

Yeah i been healing everyone once its near the end of the bttle till she runs out of MP and she has shot up levels now, i wish i had done this from the start cos she would be really high level by this time.

How many people do u usually send into a Ruin cos im usually rubbish at catching the theif?

It depends on your characters' levels. If you have low leveled team send them all (except leader of course). In any ruins or map-using battles u can send all your characters, there is no enemies near to harm u!
smile.gif

Ok thanx again i will also have to experiment with that to see if i can get better at it. Sorry i took so long sending a reply message i have been formatting my hardrive and sorting everything out. Thanx for all the help u have been great.

smile.gif

Silender said:
What can't you understand jamezman??? That every character in the game has an EXP limit???. Try to play a battle more than five times and if you gain levels in every battle then on the fifth battle your characters will gain only 1 EXP instead of 49 or 36 or 24 or 10 EXP or what else. Promotion doesn't change this limit. You will gain 1 EXP from an enemy in both options (promo & not-promo). The main levels (which you can easily reach) are 35-40. Now it's your choice when you will promote your characters. For example if you promote Synbios at level 20 you will be able to reach up to level 15-20 as Soldier(first promotion) and you will need more EXP to have a good condition when you will recieve the Innovator spirit in Scenario 3 (Apostle of light class). Or you can promote him at level 10 and finish the first scenario with a Soldier Synbios level 25-30 with far greater statistics (cause of the class bonus points). It's simple.
smile.gif
There is no advantage for your force when you get further than level 10 and continue the game without having a promotion first. Of course you can promote them whenever you want but the best way is to get a promo asap.

-lid230

Keep going my friend. Noon will became one of the best wizards in the game and sorry for spoiling out Hagane!  
wink.gif

Sorry to necro an ancient thread, but I found this under Google results whilst getting info on playing the game again so others might also.

I have to disagree with your theory, I leveled my unpromoted characters to level 18 and 20 for the healers (10 exp per heal under 10hp) at this stage in the game I then promoted them and they were gaining 49 exp per kill which slowly phased down to the usual.  For the same promoted level they were gaining the same exp as characters that had joined already promoted, at level 8 I was killing Blood Borns which were giving 8exp.  Your theory that a level 1 promoted character after promoting after level 20 will gain the same exp as a level 11 promoted character is therefore not correct, unless it differs based on the version you are playing

TL;DR if you have patience and use the return to church spell it's well worth holding off promotion until later levels for that extra unpromoted stat boost

Back