Shining Force 3 Scenario 3 Translation

Does anyone here know of a translation(partial/full) for it? If not I'm thinking of doing a translation of it using Google translations...

Thanks for the link, didn't know they did a complete translation already... :blink:

btw I was surprised they didn't add this link to the Translation section.

The Scenario2 translation has been "complete" for some time now, the sc3's "complete" translation has only been posted on the site recently, i've discovered it by accident lol

Edit: typos..

Now sumone needs to hack the game and enter the text in. Wish is was as easy as it sounds.

~edit~ edited sum spelling after seeing what I wrote in cyber's quote, haha.

I don't this will happen. The SNES RPG translation took years... and Star Ocean 1 took 4 years, if I remember correctly.

Why Sega/Atlus decided to do a translation/update of Shining Force 1 on the GBA instead of doing a translation/update of Shining Force 2(part2) or Shining Force 3 part 2&3? Makes no sense at all.

Now cumone needs to hack the game and enter the text in. Which is was as easy as it sounds.

bwahahaha. *wipes away tear* But seriously, before any of that can take place, someone's going to have to figure out what kind of encryption/compression the text is using.

Cyber Warrior X

Originally posted by REDFLELD@Mar 26, 2004 @ 07:15 AM

I don't this will happen. The SNES RPG translation took years... and Star Ocean 1 took 4 years, if I remember correctly.

Why Sega/Atlus decided to do a translation/update of Shining Force 1 on the GBA instead of doing a translation/update of Shining Force 2(part2) or Shining Force 3 part 2&3? Makes no sense at all.

Because Camelot and Sega aren't the best of friends :p

That and the fact that the GBA couldn't handle SF3.

Originally posted by Omar@Mar 26, 2004 @ 08:43 AM

Why not?

I realize they are making stuff for Nintendo now (Golden Sun), but other than that...?

I just got Shining Force 3 Scenario 3, for £8.

But Yesterday I saw Shining Force 3 (Maybe 1st Scenario) for £80+

Did I get mine cheap? Or is the other one or two more valuable?

Originally posted by racketboy+Mar 26, 2004 @ 10:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Mar 26, 2004 @ 10:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Omar@Mar 26, 2004 @ 08:43 AM

Why not?

I realize they are making stuff for Nintendo now (Golden Sun), but other than that...? [/b][/quote]

They fell out around the time of the Saturn's demise.

That's why the closest we will ever get to SF4 is the Golden Sun series :damn:

Omar: That and the fact that the GBA couldn't handle SF3.

If you have seen/played both Golden Sun 1&2 you wouldn't have said that. Because of GBA's extremely small screen(low resolution) It can handle ShiningForce3 graphic engine if the polygon background is replaced by 2d images. Heck, even The Sims Bustin' Out on the GBA looks BETTER than the PS2 version!

Originally posted by REDFLELD@Mar 27, 2004 @ 04:57 AM

Omar: That and the fact that the GBA couldn't handle SF3.

If you have seen/played both Golden Sun 1&2 you wouldn't have said that. Because of GBA's extremely small screen(low resolution) It can handle ShiningForce3 graphic engine if the polygon background is replaced by 2d images. Heck, even The Sims Bustin' Out on the GBA looks BETTER than the PS2 version!

I own Golden Sun.

It could not handle a version similar to the Saturn version or "updated" as you said.

It could handle a remake that looks worse than the old version though, but that won't ever happen.

Originally posted by KiDdErZ@Mar 27, 2004 @ 02:28 AM

I just got Shining Force 3 Scenario 3, for £8.

But Yesterday I saw Shining Force 3 (Maybe 1st Scenario) for £80+

Did I get mine cheap? Or is the other one or two more valuable?

IIRC it's the second Scenario that commands higher prices.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Mar 27, 2004 @ 06:45 AM

it would look better....I have played both GS games and they could get it to look hella nice.

You seriously think the 3d battle scenes would look better?? :huh

Yeah, like mal says Sc2 is the rarest and more expensive than the others (unless you take the Premium disc into account... :p)

They fell out around the time of the Saturn's demise.

That's why the closest we will ever get to SF4 is the Golden Sun series

Sega owns the license. It's not like they're not capable of making a SF game without Camelot.

nah, I think a more traditional battle scene like in SF2 for example would be plenty cool. they could do sum cool shit if they really tried and pushed it's power. I would like ot see it on a console more than anything though. Even w/ no enhancements aside from translation, I would be one happy camper.

Back