shining force blacksmith

angry.gif
i've been trying and trying to get the blacksmith to make one weapon, but he keeps making other ones... any tips on how to get the weapon i want without save/make weapon/shut sega/swap/load/make again then repeat the whole thing over??

Yeah, Like Slate's Gizmire weapon, took me 10 minutes to get the blacksmith to make it. Most people it takes entire DAYS to do that...

You'll have better odds in getting the best weapons if you make some time before before going back to get your order.

Go out, look around, enter some houses, talk to people, peek their personal stuff.

If you just leave>enter, I'll mostly get the shitty weapons.

BUT

If you were refering to weapon types, (ie: sword, blade, rapier), it's simple: the smithy will make the same weapon type as the one you have equipped when you order it. Only exception are accessories and cursed weapons.

Also, you don't need to shut down the Saturn and re-swap. A single A+B+C+START (don't tell me you didn't know this magical button combo?) will take you back to the title screen. Works for 99% of the games.

Originally posted by M3d10n@July 13 2002,06:29

Also, you don't need to shut down the Saturn and re-swap. A single A+B+C+START (don't tell me you didn't know this magical button combo?) will take you back to the title screen. Works for 99% of the games.

Good point, but it does still take time.

Re-booting is easier on Scenario 2-3. If you ABC+Start, you'll be thrown back to the first loading screen. If you keep holding certain buttons (I forgot which... A+START, maybe R+L... just test), the game will load the last played save directly, you don't even get to see the title screen.

Bad this doesn't work in Scenario 1 (at least, on US scenario1. I think it works on the Jap version, but I have to check).

Originally posted by M3d10n@July 14 2002,22:27

If you keep holding certian buttons (I forgot which... A+START, maybe R+L... just test), the game will load the last played save directly, you don't even get to see the title screen.

Now that sounds useful. I'll keep it in mind
smile.gif

LOL, I remember a few years ago, when I was playing SFII, it took me hours to get Slade's Gizmire.......

Good Times!!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I remember one time I played through Shining Force 1 and loved it....Started a second game, made it to Balbazak, saved, turned the game off....When I came back later to turn my Genesis back on and finish the battle, my save was gone....The game has never worked since. It plays, but it refuses to retain saved games anymore....Pissed off much? Yeah, you bet.

Don't ask. I just started thinking of Rambler's "Good Times" and remembered that not-so-good one, as well.

My shining force 1 game always had a habit of erasing MY game only... no matter what slot.. When i was in 8th grade i let a friend borrow it and play.. his adventure is still there.. (im in my third year of college now lol) yet my adventure has been lost at least 2-3 times since then.. go figure... ???

Back