Shining Force III Translation

Hi everyone, I know this may not be the right place to post this topic but I wanted to get the attention of all the talented folks that work on Saturn Development and are knowledgable in the area of coding and such.

Now to the point, KnightOfDragon has been working on a translation patch for shining force III, with the help of some other people he was able to determine what code contained the encryption/compression of the text and was able to crack it and he is now able change the text in the game, recompress/encrypt it and rebuild a Saturn CD image that will work on any Saturn console (Assuming it has a modchip of course)

However with all this good news, he seems to be getting frustrated due to the lack of help anyone is able to give him. Here is the thread over at

Shining Force Central Thread

Check it out, if you feel you can or want to help try and get in touch with him. Id hate to see this project have come this far only to stall out and never be completed.

The guy wants to stop because of lack of time to work on it.

That sucks...

But what I don't like is he wants to "sell" what work he has done. Isn't that when this kinda stuff reaches the illegal meter???

I'm sure the comment about selling to the highest bidder was out of exasperation only, and not a serious consideration.

Just want to note that it was CyberwarriorX who found a way to decompress some of the text, I just researched where he found the code and fully cracked it for the entire script, and I just said I was going to sell it because people just kept bugging me, I want this thing done as much as the next person, but I just do not have the time really to invest in this at the current momment do to other situations described at SFC, I just need to get settled and then I will be back on the project.

I want this thing done as much as the next person, but I just do not have the time really to invest in this at the current momment do to other situations described at SFC, I just need to get settled and then I will be back on the project.

Start a sourceforge project. Or just start up your own cvs repository. Then you'll have a better chance at getting contributors. Even if you don't, it's still nice for managing such a project.

Oh, btw, did I ever mention how difficult it is to get translators for saturn projects? Most aren't even interested unless the said game has anime-based roots, or so it seems.

One more thing.... DO NOT USE BABELFISH. langfandood, anyone?

Cyber Warrior X

Back