Shinning Force 3 Translation

There isn't actually a patch for Shining Force III yet. All that this site put up was the text translation for the game. The game was AMAZING, but so far no one has made any progress actually translating it IN-GAME. My friend and I were working on something though....maybe we'll have some progress later. We stopped working on it a few months ago (summer!), but we could start where we left off...more later

Funny. I just dug up the work we did for the SFIII translation, and.........all I found was complete crap! I guess I thought we had done some actual work on it. Instead, we were stuck on trying to patch the iso with something like an ips patch. I gotta im him and get crackin' on this again. Really good idea going to waste.....

From what I have gathered, the text is compressed, so you'd need some skilled asm hackers to properly translate the game.

Just for the record, every Shining game I've ever seen has some kind of compressed and/or encrypted text. Here are all of the games I've actually looked into:

Shining in the Darkness

Shining Force

Shining Force 2

Shining Force Gaiden

Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya

Shining Force: Final Conflict

Shining Force CD

Shining Force 3 (only looked at Scenario 1, and I can't tell with the other scenarios, not knowing Japanese)

I haven't looked at Shining Wisdom or Shining the Holy Ark yet (looking through files in an iso isn't the funnest thing in the world), but given the histoy, I'd be surprised if they weren't.

I bet Shining Soul will be the same way, when it gets released.

Hey Earl, what system were all those Shining Force Games for?

SF and SF2 were for Sega Genesis

SF CD was Sega CD

SF III (Scenario 1-3) were Saturn

but what are the other games for? Just wondering.

Shining in the Darkness - Saturn

Shining Force Gaiden - Game Gear

Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya - Game Gear

Shining Force: Final Conflict - Game Gear

i think

uhm, no. shining in the darkness was for genesis.. in fact one of the first good RPGs on it.

shining force sword of hajya is actually for both GG and segacd.. it's book 2 of the segacd version.

shining wisdom and shining the holy ark are saturn.. STHA is basically a direct sequel to SitD, using the same 3D dungeon style.

Shining Soul will be for GBA.. and a realtime action adventure (like shining wisdom).. I just hope it doesn't end up being total crap, like SW was.

Well, a patch would be great! But otherwise just print the translation and read in when you play the game. It works, just don´t look at the ending until you are there. :)

Back