Sick of Snatcher Problems!

I downloaded the Snatcher BIN-CUE, but every time I look at it cross-eyed it stops working. At certain places where an MP3 should play (Driving the Turbocycle to the Factory ruins, returning to Junker HQ, Random's appearance at the Nielson's), the game just stops. I managed to jump past the first few points by using downloaded saved games, but it's getting ridiculous. I've read all kinds of stuff about how the MP3s can get out of sync, and how to fix them and all, but I'm using the Bin-Cue version! I don't have any Mp3s! I shouldn't even be having these problems! Is this problem present in all the Snatcher rips, or did I just get a bad one? Could there be something wrong with my cue sheet, or maybe my emulator? I've tried both Gens and Ages, and had the same problems with both.

Any help would be appreciated.

try running the image through cd mage you might be able to find some of the errors on it. Can't say for sure if it will fix it but it might. I some how managed to get a perfect rip of snatcher but it was a while back and I dunno where I got it now. DO NOT get the one of el portal there rips are awful.

It sounds like the game is stopping because it isn't finding any audio tracks to play. Let me explain...

I believe neither Gens nor Ages support bin/cue images.

Gens supports iso, raw and bin (not the same as bin/cue) and mp3 audio tracks.

Ages supports iso, raw and bin files and wav audio tracks. I believe you can use a cuesheet to get wavs to work with a data track, but nowhere does it directly state that it supports bin/cue images.

What I'm guessing is happening is that the emulators are treating the bin/cue image as just a bin file and are reading the game data OK. Because it's just treating it as a raw data track, it doesn't know there is any audio tracks there and when the game calls for one it just freezes.

I suggest you try burning a copy of your bin/cue image and play directly from the CD.

BTW this is all guess work. I haven't run one of these emulators in months. Good luck.
smile.gif

Thanks for the help! I'll try the CD Mage thing first, because it sounds much easier. If I do end up burning it to CD, though, can I just burn the Bin and Cue files to the CD normally, or do I have to do something special so that it will run the game?

You seem awful cynical for a member of a board that provides information and help about ripping/burning/etc. Besides, I can't exactly waltz on down to Target and pick up a copy, now, can I?

Well see, there's the difference between you and I, I buy games that I like, I have no problem with paying for them. As a general rule the games I do have on CDR are 'try before i buy', and if they suck they just collect dust and I don't but them, but if I enjoy a game enough I will buy it, as is the case of Snatcher and many other games. You're basically asking that we waste our time trying to help you pirate a game that you have no investment in and that many of us do.

Get real.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Aug. 16 2002, 3:54 pm

Well see, there's the difference between you and I, I buy games that I like, I have no problem with paying for them. As a general rule the games I do have on CDR are 'try before i buy', and if they suck they just collect dust and I don't but them, but if I enjoy a game enough I will buy it, as is the case of Snatcher and many other games. You're basically asking that we waste our time trying to help you pirate a game that you have no investment in and that many of us do.

Get real.

Ouch! ???

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Aug. 16 2002, 4:54 pm

Get real.

Penguin seems to be right. You seem to get angry at people asking what a problem is with their game when you are the one who writes guides on how to make it so you CAN play these games. Also, snatcher is hard to find and he might be a poor boy from a poor family sparing his life for this monstrosity
biggrin.gif

I have no problem giving people assistance, but I know for a fact that there are at least 15 other threads about Snatcher and people not getting it working on this messageboard. I am NOT a babysitter. Snatcher is not that rare, right now there are 2 auctions for the sega-cd version and 3 for the saturn version on ebay, and thats with just typing in 'Snather Sega' on ebay, I'm sure that there are 4-5 more.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Aug. 16 2002, 6:21 pm

I have no problem giving people assistance, but I know for a fact that there are at least 15 other threads about Snatcher and people not getting it working on this messageboard. I am NOT a babysitter.

Jesus, calm down. I asked a simple question, you don't have to have an aneurysm over it. If you have something helpful to say, post it. If not, then don't. But nobody asked you to babysit me. If you don't like a topic, just ignore it. Besides, I searched this and other forums before posting this, and found nothing that related to my problem. So, I came to this forum -- what was it called, again? Ah, yes. "Tech Help/CD Burning Help". Was my question off-topic? Did it not apply to this forum? If this is the case, then I apologize.

And as far as your 'having an investment' in the game goes, I probably will end up buying Snatcher. But I've only been able to play about 20 minutes of it altogether, and I'm not going to go through the hassle of getting it off Ebay or some other auction site until I actually decide whether it's worth my time and effort or not.

Whatever I end up doing, though, rest assured that you won't have to hear about it. I'm deeply sorry for having posting on your board, SkankinMonkey. It won't happen again.

/wave

Btw, theres a nice little icon at the top right of your screen that says search, has a little magnifying glass icon. Try using it and type in Snatcher.

Geez.....it's a pretty boring argument when my rebuttal is simply quoting my last message:

"Besides, I searched this and other forums before posting this, and found nothing that related to my problem."

If you have something intelligent to say for a change, I'm all ears. (Or eyes, I guess, since I'd be reading it.)

That's funny because after I posted my message I did a search through all forums using the Search function that is built into Ikonboard, and guess what? I had 6 pages worth of posts regarding snatcher. Now I didn't bother to look through all of those, but just on the first page over 1/2 of the posts were regarding audio/sync errors with burns. And I'm sure 90% of them had the same cue-sheet fix that would probably fix your problem, call me a cynic, but at least I know what I'm doing.

90% of the Snatcher posts I read dealt with out-of-sync audio with ISO/WAV rips. My problem had nothing to do with out of sync audio or faulty cue sheets. Mal was right -- the emulator was simply reading the BIN file as a data file, and ignoring the MP3s encoded within. So not only do you not know what you're doing, but you think you that you do, which is even worse.

Look, I'm sick of arguing with you. It's a waste of my time and everyone else's. Why do you even care so much about this? Do you really think you can make the forums a better place by bitching me out? I don't even know you, but I know what type of person you are. I know you're sincere -- albeit a little cranky -- but if you ever realized what an ass you come across as, you'd know when to stop. But you won't, and likely never will, and I don't have the time or patience to drill the idea through your skull. My only consolation is that I don't have to deal with you.

BTW, do you frequent other forums under the name Azumarillman?

Just leave both bin/cue in the same dir and mount the image with Daemon Tools and the audio will work, it works fine for me here.

You may need to open the cuesheet up in a text editor to remove the path pointing to the .bin.

Almost forgot: Read the docs. Do NOT use D-Tools if you have EZ CD creator installed, they do not cohabitate nicely.

Having a problem with an emulator? Does this look like the gens tech support site? No. Get the real console, they're dirt cheap. Using a burned cd that you didnt pay for, on an emulator for a console that you didnt pay for earns you 0 respect in my eyes and none in anyone else's with half a brain.

And I go by SkankinMonkey everywhere I go.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Aug. 17 2002, 1:58 am

Having a problem with an emulator? Does this look like the gens tech support site? No. Get the real console, they're dirt cheap. Using a burned cd that you didnt pay for, on an emulator for a console that you didnt pay for earns you 0 respect in my eyes and none in anyone else's with half a brain.

And I go by SkankinMonkey everywhere I go.

Except for on AIM, because some kid beat Skank to that name, LOL!

Back