Site moved and upgraded!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

vbt

Staff member
hey dibz, what happened yesterday ?

Amon

Staff member
Glad everything is back up an running. The contact us was down during the outage. Is there to get a hold of you if the site goes down again? I remember a few years back we lost a week or two of posts from the site going down and no one letting you know

dibz

Boss
Staff member
The sessions table crashed, unfortunately while I monitor the web service it only checks the response code -- and XF was generating a normal page but with the crashed table message so I didn't notice the issue until I visited myself.

As far as contacting me that's a good question, since the contact form goes through the forum software as well. I think I'll post some direct contact details to the admin forum in a sticky.

Amon

Staff member
Dibz any idea as to the cause of the sessions tables crashing?
PS: Thanks for fixing it :D
PPS: Thanks for fixing the 500 error too :D

Last edited:

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Datacenter problems causing hard reboots over the last couple of days.

We've actually been planning a server move recently anyway for unrelated reasons, so we've decided to just bump of the move to sooner rather then later; Probably today.

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Site moved and upgraded part deux. Quite a few changes under the hood so speak up if anyone notices any oddities.

Amon

Staff member
vbt asked me if I had lost all of my pms. I went and checked and I only have two pms when I had more. Would they have been lost in the site upgrade?

cafe-alpha

Website
ppcenter.free.fr
vbt asked me if I had lost all of my pms. I went and checked and I only have two pms when I had more. Would they have been lost in the site upgrade?
Is there an XML/HTML export feature for the conversations ?
I though there was one somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Not sure on the export feature.

So does anyone know when they lost their conversations? I was looking at the current database, several backups from about a month ago, and one from about 6 months ago and the differences appear to look like normal traffic between them. If I'm reading them right, which its very possibly I'm not yet, it seems like a fairly low count in all of them -- suggesting they've been missing for 6+ months. I don't actually use PMs/conversations a lot, so anyone that does can you chime in?

Amon

Staff member
I'll bug vbt and ask him since he is the one that needed the lost conversations. I know I have lost mine but it has been so long since I used them that I never noticed. From IRC before

<vbt> hi amon did you loose your old pms on segaxtreme forum?
<AmonX> vbt I am missing some yes I have two old ones from 2013 though
<vbt> yes but nothing from 2006-2010 for instance

Also side note when pasting something multiline into the quick editor the lines are in reverse order...

cafe-alpha

Website
ppcenter.free.fr
Not sure on the export feature.
I found a "pm-archive_20150611.csv" file on my HDD, so it was possible to export to csv at that time, but can't remember where this option is hidden ^^;
I hope this feature wasn't removed after that time, because it's very convenient since PM are (obvisously) not saved by archive.org/google cache/etc.

My "pm-archive_20150611.csv" file contains ~10 years old messages from Rockin'-B when I won C4-2005 contest. Theses are worth gold for me :)

BTW, is there a limit on PM saved online ? There aren't PM older than April 2013 in my conversation folder ...

Amon

Staff member
It seems like ones older than 2013 are missing. Apparently vbt is in a hotel and won't log onto the site but from what I can tell it is messages older than 2013. IIRC there was a limit of 500 messages or something (may have depended on your member level)

dibz

Boss
Staff member
I'm not really sure what it is but I'm not necessarily sure it's age per-say. Mine have large gaps as opposed to simply being cut off.

Amon

Staff member
Any way to restore them or retrieve them? Or if at all possible restore the old site as a temp mirror for everyone to grab them? Whatever is quick and easy dont want to make a lot of work for you. Anything I can do?

dibz

Boss
Staff member
I was hoping someone could narrow down when they went missing so I could figure out what happened, specifically if they ever made it to xenforo. That might actually be a better scenario since even the 6 month old backup (the oldest I have) for XF doesn't seem to have them, but I certainly still have the old site data including databases -- in which case nothing is actually lost.

vbt

Staff member
I was hoping someone could narrow down when they went missing so I could figure out what happened, specifically if they ever made it to xenforo. That might actually be a better scenario since even the 6 month old backup (the oldest I have) for XF doesn't seem to have them, but I certainly still have the old site data including databases -- in which case nothing is actually lost.
well if it's just for me don't bother with that, i was looking for old rockin'-b pms about the private blender plugin version. it was in my to be published list (my old folder when i published content) but i couldn't find old messages