Site moved and upgraded!

Glad everything is back up an running. The contact us was down during the outage. Is there to get a hold of you if the site goes down again? I remember a few years back we lost a week or two of posts from the site going down and no one letting you know

The sessions table crashed, unfortunately while I monitor the web service it only checks the response code -- and XF was generating a normal page but with the crashed table message so I didn't notice the issue until I visited myself.

As far as contacting me that's a good question, since the contact form goes through the forum software as well. I think I'll post some direct contact details to the admin forum in a sticky.

Dibz any idea as to the cause of the sessions tables crashing?
PS: Thanks for fixing it :D
PPS: Thanks for fixing the 500 error too :D

Last edited:
Datacenter problems causing hard reboots over the last couple of days.

We've actually been planning a server move recently anyway for unrelated reasons, so we've decided to just bump of the move to sooner rather then later; Probably today.

Site moved and upgraded part deux. Quite a few changes under the hood so speak up if anyone notices any oddities.

vbt asked me if I had lost all of my pms. I went and checked and I only have two pms when I had more. Would they have been lost in the site upgrade?

vbt asked me if I had lost all of my pms. I went and checked and I only have two pms when I had more. Would they have been lost in the site upgrade?

Is there an XML/HTML export feature for the conversations ?
I though there was one somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Not sure on the export feature.

So does anyone know when they lost their conversations? I was looking at the current database, several backups from about a month ago, and one from about 6 months ago and the differences appear to look like normal traffic between them. If I'm reading them right, which its very possibly I'm not yet, it seems like a fairly low count in all of them -- suggesting they've been missing for 6+ months. I don't actually use PMs/conversations a lot, so anyone that does can you chime in?

I'll bug vbt and ask him since he is the one that needed the lost conversations. I know I have lost mine but it has been so long since I used them that I never noticed. From IRC before

<vbt> hi amon did you loose your old pms on segaxtreme forum?
<AmonX> vbt I am missing some yes I have two old ones from 2013 though
<vbt> yes but nothing from 2006-2010 for instance

Also side note when pasting something multiline into the quick editor the lines are in reverse order...

Not sure on the export feature.

I found a "pm-archive_20150611.csv" file on my HDD, so it was possible to export to csv at that time, but can't remember where this option is hidden ^^;
I hope this feature wasn't removed after that time, because it's very convenient since PM are (obvisously) not saved by archive.org/google cache/etc.

My "pm-archive_20150611.csv" file contains ~10 years old messages from Rockin'-B when I won C4-2005 contest. Theses are worth gold for me :)

BTW, is there a limit on PM saved online ? There aren't PM older than April 2013 in my conversation folder ...

It seems like ones older than 2013 are missing. Apparently vbt is in a hotel and won't log onto the site but from what I can tell it is messages older than 2013. IIRC there was a limit of 500 messages or something (may have depended on your member level)

I'm not really sure what it is but I'm not necessarily sure it's age per-say. Mine have large gaps as opposed to simply being cut off.

Any way to restore them or retrieve them? Or if at all possible restore the old site as a temp mirror for everyone to grab them? Whatever is quick and easy dont want to make a lot of work for you. Anything I can do?

I was hoping someone could narrow down when they went missing so I could figure out what happened, specifically if they ever made it to xenforo. That might actually be a better scenario since even the 6 month old backup (the oldest I have) for XF doesn't seem to have them, but I certainly still have the old site data including databases -- in which case nothing is actually lost.

I was hoping someone could narrow down when they went missing so I could figure out what happened, specifically if they ever made it to xenforo. That might actually be a better scenario since even the 6 month old backup (the oldest I have) for XF doesn't seem to have them, but I certainly still have the old site data including databases -- in which case nothing is actually lost.
well if it's just for me don't bother with that, i was looking for old rockin'-b pms about the private blender plugin version. it was in my to be published list (my old folder when i published content) but i couldn't find old messages

Back