Site updates

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Hey everyone,

There was some downtime today and yesterday, on and off before that. A server security configuration issue has since been resolved, which should hopefully correct this going forward.

Unrelated, within the next couple of days the site is moving to a different server. This is not the result of any problems or anything like that, just poor timing in conjunction with the recent downtime.

Unrelated X2, recently IceDigger has decided to contribute some finances and purchased SX a shiny new Xenforo license. As a result, we'll soon be changing forum software (again, I know...). On the plus side, Xenforo is by ex-vbulletin devs from way back and has made quite the name for itself. Along with this we're going to start re-adding actual site content aside from the forums after this transition.

Neat. Is there any chance of SSL support? When I try using it, the page layout isn't correct and navigating to other pages puts me back in regular non-SSL browsing.

SSL really isn't relevant for a website like this. What are your concerns regarding security?

Kuta said:
SSL really isn't relevant for a website like this.  What are your concerns regarding security?

We actually do have an ssl cert, it's just broken. So yeah, I'll fix that when I do the move.

SSL really isn't relevant for a website like this. What are your concerns regarding security?

For me, it's a privacy concern, mainly. Not that anyone (other than us select few) cares about the goings-on of home-brewers, hackers, and translators for the SEGA systems.

Back