SMS Plus with CZ80 0.92

RockinB said:
I've had success with this new ISO file, it works!

What I found out so far:

Playing some Ayrton Senna racing game, I found out that the line scroll implementation is shifted for one line. At the bottom status text in the game, the topmost line is scrolled like the track, whereas the topmost line of the track remains unscrolled.

Oh yes there is that bug :( I've verified with the last release without sound and there is the same problem, for sure it's a bug in the original SMS plus ;) , well I joke, I'll try to fix it. It must happen in all games using line scroll, I check to fix it. :(

EDIT : the bug is in other games like hangon or outrun but it's less visible.

BTW: VBT, is there something you're currently working on, as far as Saturn is concerned?

I wanted to port a small game and also to work on FAZE but I'm a bit lazy after work and during week end. Also I had not yet holidays this year to spend time on dev, I may have some in 15 days. :)

Line scroll mistake fixed

openPort loss since ELF fixed

pause button in progress

Work on RAZE started, I work mainly with Fox68k on this big task and I bother also Pinchy, #yabause & #smspower team for this job :)

Actually the PC version of SMS Plus works with RAZE. In fact it's a return to the past as I have found old release of SMS Plus used it. Infortunatly at this time the sources were not provided.

Some opcodes are working correctly now :) it still needs many work to make Raze running on the Saturn.

Hey, just wanted to say that I gave SMS Plus a try on my actual Sega Saturn -- it works pretty good. There are some big problems however...

1. The slightest tap of L/R scrolls through basically the entire list of ROMs.

2. When switching between games while already in a game (and turning the sound off/on), it messes up the controls... like Button 1 is also Button 2 and the down button, etc.

3. The sound is good, except that it skips a bunch about once a second or so.

I used smsplus_sound_mkisofs.zip

olaf said:
Hey, just wanted to say that I gave SMS Plus a try on my actual Sega Saturn -- it works pretty good. There are some big problems however...

1. The slightest tap of L/R scrolls through basically the entire list of ROMs.

yes it's a bug :) i have started to put this part of the code outside of the sms paddle management, it looks to work better when i do that during the vblank and so have 2 functions for the pad buttons.

2. When switching between games while already in a game (and turning the sound off/on), it messes up the controls... like Button 1 is also Button 2 and the down button, etc.

I didn't notice that, i will try to reproduce it.

3. The sound is good, except that it skips a bunch about once a second or so.

I think it's because there is no synchro.

I used smsplus_sound_mkisofs.zip[/quote]

this one : http://vberthelot.free.fr/smsplus/sms_plus.zip

was a little better but thanks a lot for the feedback (sorry for slow answer :S )

Actually I work on raze and it's not that so easy to make it big endian :( Fortunatly there are some progress.

Back