smspower.org

Yes, I do. But do you know how I got it?

I contributed. I did something to help SMS Power.

The password is there to stop leechers like yourself.

It's very unlikely that anyone with a password will help you.

Fuck Off.

.. geeze mal... i'm kinda afraid to ask you now but.. how do you contribute to get a pass?

edit: oh nevermind i c. but.. who would want to actually spend money on them? I mean... that site isn't something i would pay to use.

(Edited by Gallstaff at 9:23 pm on Mar. 24, 2002)

Anyone who knows how to use Google can find any and every SMS rom in existence... It took me all of 10 seconds to find Psycho Fox.

Quote: from Gallstaff on 12:21 pm on Mar. 25, 2002

but.. who would want to actually spend money on them? I mean... that site isn't something i would pay to use.
I wish I could say that your response suprised me.

I guess there are those that want to help and those that just leech.

Quote: from Gallstaff on 4:21 am on Mar. 25, 2002

.. geeze mal... i'm kinda afraid to ask you now but.. how do you contribute to get a pass?

edit: oh nevermind i c. but.. who would want to actually spend money on them? I mean... that site isn't something i would pay to use.

(Edited by Gallstaff at 9:23 pm on Mar. 24, 2002)

Who said anything about having to pay to use the site?

Only the ROM section is password protected, and this was done because ROM downloads took up a disproportionate amount of the site's bandwidth. The decision was taken to limit ROM downloads to those who actually contributed something to SMS Power! (for example, sending a cartridge to dump, or making a small donation).

Those who just want the ROMs can use one of the many available mirror sites - there's absolutely nothing in the password protected area of the site that isn't duplicated elsewhere. The only difference is that you'll be using someone else's bandwidth and not SMS Power's.

Incidentally SMS Power! celebrates its fifth anniversary in 2 days time, and has contributed more than 380 ROMs (and countless re-dumps) to the SMS community in that period. This couldn't have been done without the contributions that you say aren't worthwhile ;)

Mike

Back