SNACTHER ROM

:) We all know what ROMs are, basiclly a CARTRIDGE game in a zip file format

disigned to be played on an emulator(DUH!) there have yet to be ROMs( or be more prescise ISOs in the case of cd format) from CD base games to become reality.....UNTIL NOW!!! Yes that right ladies and gentelmen,SNACTHER, one of the greatest and one of the most sought after Sega CD games the world of consol gaming is now in a zip file format (All 115 MB of it!!) for all to download and enjoy. I knew deep in my heart that it was only a matter of time that before CD base games were zip file formatted,this opens up a whole new world of games for people to access, just imagin 3-4 years from now being able to play GUARDIAN HEROS or SEXY PARODIUS(Ahhh Yes!! :drool: ) on a saturn emulator without the need to load and boot up the orginal game CD, just download the ISOs file of any game you want,follow the instructions and thats it, GAMING HEAVEN !!! As for the game itself everything from the graphics and sound to the gameplay are all still intact! AWESOME GAME !!!!!

:) :rolleyes: :lol: :D

P.S. You'll still need Sega_CD_Bios to play Sega CD games and with zip file Sega CD games there a little bonus: NO LOAD TIMES!!! (wgens211 best reccomended).

:) Yes, your right, I am new to this and thank you for correcting my mistakes, I should be able to correct those statements to be more accurate(this is my first here at the forums :rolleyes: ) As for career in doing infomercials no thanks, I'm going to pursue a career in filmmaking.

Originally posted by Cappa@Sep 1, 2003 @ 01:42 PM

:) We all know what ROMs are, basiclly a CARTRIDGE game in a zip file format disigned to be played on an emulator(DUH!) there have yet to be ROMs( or be more prescise ISOs in the case of cd format) from CD base games to become reality.....UNTIL NOW!!!

Well, for one, the zip file format isn't even part of the creation of a ROM. Zip compression applies to more or less everything, and is one of the worst compression formats there is. :) RAR is better.

And for another, that game as well as numerous other CD-based games are already available online (nearly every SegaCD, 3DO, JaguarCD, PS1, Saturn, and Dreamcast game is available, as well as DVD-based PS2 and Xbox (but not GameCube - very few GC images exist, because they aren't very useful to anyone except collectors and emulator authors). :)

Basically: :newbie

finally somebody used the newbie smiles :D

anyway, a little OT, but I agree that RAR is better -- especially now there are going to be new proprietary versions of ZIP files

You know, ripping CDs to HD and compressing them for easier internet transfers has been possible for a loooooong time.

You're, sorta... late XD

I wonder if someone will ever design a .zip file to run on my real SegaCD? :sarcasm:

No, that sounds like crazy talk. Too good to be true. :banana

These ROM designers are brilliant! Who would've thought they would design one for an emulator! :lol:

. . .Ok,

I'll stop now. This is too much. ;)

Interesting. Pretty uncommon to see someone find out something and then run out and tell everyone like they were the first to discover it, LOL!

Back