Snatcher for Saturn patched with English dub from Megacd WIP by ShadowMask

Thanks for posting this, @Mr^Burns. This is a very early test to see if, with a little audio editing, the SCD CD audio could be made to work with the Saturn (and presumably other similar versions.)

I'm currently looking for someone to assist with extracting and replacing ADPCM audio binary from an unknown data format. That's been a big wall for me. It could require some scripting to extract. I haven't been able to import this particular ADPCM audio used for common dialogue properly with the tools I've tried, but it could be that some audio editor I don't know of can.

The CD audio is potentially doable with a little editing, although from what I'm told there will likely be audio in the saturn version for which no english source exists on the SCD version. Still, I think it could be worth putting in the time to make as much of it work as possible, as the only issue in this intro was timing, which was easy to fix with some multitrack editing. I'm humble, though. This video should not be taken as proof that the project is underway or even viable as an individual effort.

I realize this is an old thread. I just started playing Snatcher for Sega CD on an Anbernic ARC handheld, and was lamenting the fact that the color pallet for the game is a bit washed out looking. I'd like to see if I can help with this, if ShadowMask is still active and wants to monkey with this. Please contact me and let me know what I could do to help. I have a lot of IT experience, working with strange one-off file type things, and have limited programming and scripting experience.

I realize this is an old thread. I just started playing Snatcher for Sega CD on an Anbernic ARC handheld, and was lamenting the fact that the color pallet for the game is a bit washed out looking. I'd like to see if I can help with this, if ShadowMask is still active and wants to monkey with this. Please contact me and let me know what I could do to help. I have a lot of IT experience, working with strange one-off file type things, and have limited programming and scripting experience.
I appreciate anyone offering to help me with stuff, but I'm not going to be able to help you with that sort of hack. I still have only a very basic understanding of modding outside of audio/video work. Good luck though, I would love to see someone else chip away at this. Of course, I'm happy to assist however I can.

Back