Snatcher

What a game it was. The voice acting was generally top notch, the graphics were disgustingly detailed, and the story was just outright incredible.

Hideo Kojima is the man.

Definately my favorite game for the system. Hell, I was just thinking about playing though it again. Brought back the memories of sinking my teeth into a new game for my favorite system. Kept me glued to my TV. I'd love to see an English translation for the Playstation.

Originally posted by Quadriflax@Aug. 22 2002, 2:20 pm

Definately my favorite game for the system.  Hell, I was just thinking about playing though it again.  Brought back the memories of sinking my teeth into a new game for my favorite system.  Kept me glued to my TV.  I'd love to see an English translation for the Playstation.

Playstation version is more censored than the Saturn version, Saturn version will be english.
cool.gif

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Aug. 21 2002, 12:23 pm

Playstation version is more censored than the Saturn version, Saturn version will be english.
cool.gif

Is there someone working on the Saturn translation?

The most fun you can have with a Justifier in your

hand. On top of a great story and characters ,I

liked the "tricks" that really brought you into the

game like the explosion-volume gag and the black-

out after the morgue. Who else thought their

CD unit was hatched while you were just sitting

waiting for something to happen?

Originally posted by 16bitman@Aug. 22 2002, 10:02 pm

I liked the "tricks" that really brought you into the

game like the explosion-volume gag and the black-

out after the morgue.

Hideo Kojima likes that stuff doesn't he? Like where you swap controllers to fight Mantis in Metal Gear Solid. A lot of people seem to think it's gimmicky, but I quite like it.

I never had the chance to play this game when it originally came out in 1994.

I finally found it in 2000, and played it....it is IMHO, the best sega cd game out there.

Its a real shame that it isnt available for newer systems, i´d love to see the game in a 3d world!

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey+Aug. 21 2002, 7:18 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkankinMonkey @ Aug. 21 2002, 7:18 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ExCyber@Aug. 22 2002, 8:24 pm

Is there someone working on the Saturn translation?

I'll give you a hint: his name starts with "S" and ends with "kankinMonkey".
biggrin.gif

You let the cat out of the bag![/b][/quote]

Nice!  Wish I could help ya with that.  Is this a new undergoing or have you made some headway with it?

Well, I finally started playing through Snatcher again like I planned. This time through I saw something I never noticed before. When you go to Plato's Cavern you can get a Neo Kobe Pizza and they have a cool little spoken dialogue. Is there anything else hidden like that? I might have missed more.

Originally posted by Quadriflax@Aug. 29 2002, 2:53 pm

Well, I finally started playing through Snatcher again like I planned. This time through I saw something I never noticed before. When you go to Plato's Cavern you can get a Neo Kobe Pizza and they have a cool little spoken dialogue. Is there anything else hidden like that? I might have missed more.

There are a bunch of things like that, you can see the post http://litespeedcomputers.com/sx....r+bored

Regarding this game (although I am a day late) what can I say? Man, I *LOVE* this game... the detail it has is great, you can spend hours searching for small jokes and stuff.. but the best description is in the game itself:

Although the characters in this game are all fictitious, after playing the game, I really felt that I knew the characters as real people. Also, this is the first game I've ever played that continually gave me strong feelings, just like watching a great movie.

Gillian Seed, a man without memories, the romance of all the beautiful women around him. Also, that enigmatic Bounty Hunter, Random Hajile. And who could ever forget Gillian's sidekick, Metal Gear mk II...

I felt sad when things went bad for the characters, and I also learned many things about love and friendship.

I'm sure everyone has seen a movie, read a book, or heard music that stays with you and that you never forget."SNATCHER" is that type of work. I hope it is for you too.

I am currently re-playing Snatcher for the Sega CD again.  I am trying to get into the winter/holiday mood.  

You gotta love that Alton Plaza!  
biggrin.gif

Back