So...Now what?

Whoa the Xbox is pretty large, bigger than saturn, right?

And Brandon, the genesis cdx is very portable if you carry a tv everywhere you go; that's one of the reasons I want a Nomad.

So, anyways. (huh GAMECUBE!!) I dont know which game console I am getting ( huh GAMECUBE!!) although I heard GAMECUBE was good, yeah lets all get GAMECUBE!! support nintendo, they finally won against sega, except I think dreamcast was just getting good, but anyways. GAMECUBE GAMECUBE GAMECUBE

Likewise, I probably won't get an X-Box until someone figures out how to run unlicensed code on it (not quite the same as copied games, but the methods are often related) or some really must-have game (Panzer Dragoon?) comes out. I can't help but wonder how long it will take for some enterprising hackers to reverse engineer the NV-10 programming model... :).

what am i buying next? asdioe form maybe trying to find a few more rare saturn games i'm trying to find... I've pre ordered xbox with oddworld(seems nice not *great*) DoA3(Seems like a real cool fihgting game, not as much as the others for xbox) and fusion frenzy(i'd rather have this then halo, looks fun). I also resevered THPS2x(uh xbox version) and Nightcaster(I love the D&D type games).

hopefully in 6 month's time i will also get these xbox games: Starwars Star Fighter Special edition, one of the skiingsnow games(still deciding which one) Soul Caliber 2. perhaps simpsons road rage. Importing the japanese controllers when i get the chance and maybe doa3 japanese for the netplay. plus a few mroe games that look good(can't remember right now).

ps2: nothing at all, save for maybe a controller for use of hooking it up to the PC but not likely.

psx1: my borther has one and i got a decent computer so i'll just emu...

GC: SSBM, MP both when they come out. Maybe also importing them. SA2 us release most likely. SC2, perhaps some or all of the REBH games. the console tiself will be later, i don't mind having the games awhile before i get the system itself.

gba: I WILL BUY BOTH Metroid 4 games(US and japanese). planing to get Sonic Advance(esp with news about SA2 and SA hooking up), i tihnk thats about it.

thps3, ffXI, SC2 i will try to get for GC, Xbox and pc(if possable).

I don't see MS to make another hardwareversion of xbox like sony does(scph "whatever") and i'm waiting to see how easy the GCDVD hybrid is. but really whatever mod chips and hacks there are will decide it.

HMm... I'm picking up a PS2 at some point for Devil May Cry *drool*

Otherwise, I don't know if I am going to get a "next-gen" system until I can buy them used... It's a very very expensive habit....

I've got a secret project I'm working on and I really don't have the time or money to get into ANOTHER new console..... besides the fact I still must complete my old console collection, which to me is a much more worthwhile pasttime than tossing $$$$ into a new console that is going to be around for a year or two and then suddenly consoles will just be PC's that you hook up to your tv and then not even that anymore....

Wish them all a happy trip cuz console gaming is going dowwwwnnn.....

*sniffle* I need a tissue....

I already have a PS2 (I know, I suck) which I hate already.

The XBox hasn't got a single game (with the exception of Panzer Dragoon maybe) that I'm interested in yet, and it's massive, ugly and has an awful controller.

The choice is obvious: GAMECUBE. With SSBM an Rogue Leader, not to mention SA2, Star Fox, the amazing looking Zelda and Mario Sunshine and SC2 and possibly even Tekken 4 (if that's true, my PS2 will forever be relegated to playing DVD's only).

--Karny (Born to play) :)

Wait a minute, back to Karnys reply, GameCube is going to have nights!? Can you confirm this, or am I just getting my hopes up?

Also, I plan on getting all of the systems, PS2 first, but they each have games I wan't:

XBOX

1. Panzer Dragoon 4 (I don't care what it turns out like, I want it!)

2. Dead or Alive 3

3. House of the Dead 3

PS2

1. Xenosaga (havn't wanted a game this bad in years!)

2. Final Fantasy X (Doesn't everyone?)

3.Devil May Cry

4. Metal Gear Solid 2

5. Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 remakes.

6. The Bouncer

Gamecube

1. Mario Sunshine

2. Metroid Prime

3. Zelda

4. Starfox: dinosaur planet

5. Smash Bros Melee

6. Resident Evil 1 remake

7. Kirby

(Edited by Fabrizo at 12:23 am on Oct. 11, 2001)

Back