So.... who has F-Zero GX?

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
I'm planning on buying it this weekend. Does anybody here have it yet? If so what do you think of it?

I have reached a level of fustration with seeing the same fzero commercial I have not felt since the xbox's Brute Force campaign.

Very seldom do I get interested in racing games and this just won't be one of them.

This is an example of a franchise they should have stopped after the first title.

I always liked the F-Zero series specialy the N64 version this one looks freaking awesome, wasn´t this F-Zero developed by Sega or something?

I was debating which to pickup, this or Soul Calibur 2. I went with Soul Calibur. Though this game is definatly on my must get list.

Quote: from calgan on 1:29 pm on Aug. 29, 2003
This is an example of a franchise they should have stopped after the first title.

Well, gee, that's a nice statement. Just because you don't like racing games, this series should've died.

Self-important bastard.

GX is the best racing game EVER.

I enjoyed the first one but when fzero 64 was released I felt the concept of racing in the future had been over done, although that might have been also true by the time the first fzero came out, and Nintendo/Miyamoto's vision did not add anything refreshing to the genre or their franchise. GX is just continuing in the same vein.

How many games have there been so far? 4?

(Edited by calgan at 11:53 am on Sep. 1, 2003)

Quote: from calgan on 11:51 am on Sep. 1, 2003
I enjoyed the first one but when fzero 64 was released I felt the concept of racing in the future had been over done, although that might have been also true by the time the first fzero came out,

Which is funny because F-Zero for all intents and purposes defined the genre.

and Nintendo/Miyamoto's vision did not add anything refreshing to the genre or their franchise. GX is just continuing in the same vein.

I don't think you actually played F-Zero X. It's almost an entirely different game compared to the SNES and GBA F-Zero games.

How many games have there been so far? 4?

5 if you count the Satellite-Thingy only SNES F-Zero 2.

Finally bought the game and love it so far. It is REALLY hard though like everybody says but the fun factor is ALL there.

I give both Sega and Nintendo 2 thumbs up for this one.

IceMan2k said:
Finally bought the game and love it so far. It is REALLY hard though like everybody says but the fun factor is ALL there.

I give both Sega and Nintendo 2 thumbs up for this one.

Hard is right! Learning the tracks doesn't take long...but the missions! Damn.

Back