Some Nintendo Classic Will Be Free on Revolution

racketboy

Established Member
There are some new piece of information about the "ultimate backwards compatibility" feature of Nintendo's upcoming Revolution.

According to a recent interview, there will be many classic Nintendo titles for free.

Not ALL games will be free, but it does look like there will be some ways for cheapskates to get their hands on a classic game collection.

that's awesome. Hopefully this will really take off and be relativly cheap. I see lots of games bein done as add-ins in current games. like PoP or Zelda for example.

Sounding better and better. So basically the system comes "pre-bundled" with classic titles :D

First console I have seen in a while that comes with a game(s).

The iTunes model continues to grow. As long as they are reasonable, around a dollar or two, I'm interested.

I imagine they might be able to pull a few off online, but I wouldn't get your hopes up...Mario Kart 64 online O_O
Cheap? I expect that so!

yay! mischief makers!, lol. I'd like to think so. If done right, it could REALLY take off. The cool thing about it? free money! no packaging....no carts no development, no nothing! So every little cent from these old games = straight over money for nintendo, minus the little bit of bandwidth cost. They can reallly make some good money off of this.

BJammzz said:
The cool thing about it? free money! no packaging....no carts no development, no nothing!
Although in this context I am inclined to somewhat agree with you here, but I definately would not had the context been new games.

Anybody thought about what would happen if you lost your Nintendo flash card with all the roms already paid for and downloaded?

With iTunes, Apple allows you to deauthorize a computer so you can replace it; as long as you have a back up. Maybe they can do something similar to that. It's just flash memory. Maybe some device that allows you to back up to your pc.

Back