Sonic 2 is free on steam

The game start didn't went smoothly for me. It tries to launch by default SEGAGameRoom.exe, which makes a black screen on my PC. Found out that you can launch the game with SEGAGenesisClassics.exe (AKA "simple launcher" in Steam) which is in the same installation directory as SEGAGameRoom.exe. This one works !

Reminded me that I hate Chemical plant zone 2.

Reactions: vbt
The game start didn't went smoothly for me. It tries to launch by default SEGAGameRoom.exe, which makes a black screen on my PC. Found out that you can launch the game with SEGAGenesisClassics.exe (AKA "simple launcher" in Steam) which is in the same installation directory as SEGAGameRoom.exe. This one works !

well done :) i hate simply sonic bus sonic 2 looks a bit better than sonic 1 & 3.

It's nice to have it free, it's not like fans of the game haven't had the chance to buy it fifteen times on different platforms already.

Nah, I prefer the design ecstatic from Sonic 3 & Knux.

As for Sonic 2 unless it's the one from Taxman and Stealth from the phones count me out. I already have a Sega Genesis with said game. Still it's nice to see it go free for the other two people on the Planet who don't have it and are interested in Sonic.

I have the same problem when trying to launch SEGAGameRoom.exe
Black screen with cricket sounds and that's all.
Is there any solution to this? I don't wanna use simple launcher because it lacks proper mod support.

Back