Sonic CD music video

Theres a sonic cd music video in the video section that I have a question about.

Sonic the Hedgehog - 7MB

Music: Audiovent - Gravity

Video: Sonic CD

Format: WMV

In that video clip, the stuff taken from sonic cd intro seems longer than the intro i have for sonic cd. Where did he get that intro from? Mine is similar but not as complete as that. Mine is sort of cut. Is that like sonic cd jap or something? plz shed some light, thanx
wink.gif

oh i know there was an fmv ripper. Im just wondering which version of sonic cd that was ripped from. Thanx for the reply ice, i'll email them. Thanx again
wink.gif

I think i have a good answer for you........

if i'm right....YOU Jin Saotome, have the sega CD version of the intro......the uncut longer one was found on sonic jam (saturn)...in the movie section.....

as for it being longer......think about it like this....the BGM in the intro, lasts about 1:30 right?

as the game was released on the sega CD (waaay back in the early 90's) the intro must of been cut due to the speed of the CD-ROM drive in the sega cd, or the overall speed of the genesis/sega cd....but when you watch it on a faster more powerfull console (in this case the Saturn), you can get full speed 50/60HZ, so the video can be played a bit faster (to match the BGM's 1:30), with all the cut scenes that were NOT used before....

I don't know how right in saying this, but it's MY theroy!
tongue.gif

-EDIT-

......altho...it'sbin a while since i last saw that video by Black Dawn Studios .....you could be refering to the ending animation.....hmmm....time to download..............

Yeah thats what im saying, the intro seems longer. Could be from the Sonic Jam game. Maybe you're right
wink.gif
I emailed them anyways, i'll see what their reply is. Thanks for your time.

-edit-

Ice i just watched your rip of the intro, and yours was longer aswell...I dont get it. The version I have doesnt show teh rainbow stuff at the begining and it barely shows sonic doing a loop on the trees. Im confused
sad.gif
?!?

As said before: it's prolly from Sonic JAM (SATURN).

It has a movie gallery, with a buncha Sonic videos, and, among those, there are "complete" versions of the Sonic CD intro.

If you ever unlocked everything in Sonic CD, you'll remember the "pencil test" mode, that shows pencil-only animation sketches for sequences that did not make it into the intro/ending animations.

Well, all those scenes were finished and put back into Sonic JAM.

Also, the videos in Sonic JAM also have a much bigger (nearly full screen) screen size, and higher framerate (smoother animation). Since they increased the framerate, the videos runs slightly faster (mostly the intro), and they needed to add extra scenes so the music would fit.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Apr 1, 2003 @ 09:03 PM

Also, the videos in Sonic JAM also have a much bigger (nearly full screen) screen size, and higher framerate (smoother animation). Since they increased the framerate, the videos runs slightly faster (mostly the intro), and they needed to add extra scenes so the music would fit.

....like i said!

:agree

ok thanx again guys. i just mistook it as being ripped from sonic cd, but it turns out that it was only what the file description was (my bad) thanx again guys, sorry for the confusion.

Back