SONIC HEROES......

stack99

Established Member
Fuckin Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait; has anyone seen pics... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEGA!

:flamethrower:

Yeah It looks pretty cool but I'm just afraid that the whole three person mechanics thing is gonna suck the mean one. Although sonic team rarely fails when they put their mind to it. Also does anyone else think it's odd that more info on sonic heroes has been released in such a short amount of time than billy hatcher has as of yet?

heroes_screen001.jpg

heroes_screen005.jpg

heroes_screen004.jpg

Click me!!!

Download all E3 screens

Download the video!!

whats up with that hip hop lizard on the bad guys...lol.. at least they are ditching the "adventure" aspect of the game, man I can't wait, gettin it for the sexbox... woooo hooooo

:flamethrower:

The crocodile character is from Knuckles Chaotix. GameFaqs says his name is "Vector the Crocodile".

Sonic Heroes isn't necessarily the end of the Adventure series, it's the start of something completely new. They interviewed one of the members of the American Sonic Team in Electronic Gaming Monthly and he said that it's all up to the fans on what they'll do next.

It is kinda funny that more info has been released on Sonic than Billy, but SEGA's banking on Heroes big time, all this stuff, McDonald's, the GBA games, Sonic DX, the Cartoon, it's all there to hype up the release of Sonic Heroes. And also, SEGA doesn't have a lot of trouble selling on the GC(they own 10% of the market share), but I'm sure we'll start to see more hype surrounding Billy Hatcher in August/September.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Jul 9, 2003 @ 09:56 PM

Interestingly enough, Sega's best sales since the Dreamcast have been on the GameCube.

will be interesting to see how the multiplatform Sonic sells.

the PS2 version might just sell like hotcakes

I'll probably be getting the gamecube version because I'm shallow and since sega is already doing so well on the gamecube I dont want to hurt them any.

I am torn between the gc and xbox version the gc has the wavebird controller which is super sweet, but I dunno, I like sega and xbox's relationship... but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I dunno.... decisions decisions decisions....

smile.gif

Originally posted by stack99@Jul 10, 2003 @ 02:57 PM

I am torn between the gc and xbox version the gc has the wavebird controller which is super sweet, but I dunno, I like sega and xbox's relationship... but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I dunno.... decisions decisions decisions....

smile.gif

I'd wait til reviews come out before deciding -- see which port is better. Hopefully they will all be good, but sometimes some systems get a better port than others

I don't know how much you can trust reviews, I would rent it on each system, see how the control is then decide

i would say the xbox, the controller resembles the dc controller alot. thats why im going xbox. on top of that i have liked the look of earlier sega games on xbox. bow down to the panzer dragoon orta...
smile.gif

Originally posted by stack99@Jul 13, 2003 @ 05:35 AM

I don't know how much you can trust reviews, I would rent it on each system, see how the control is then decide

You took the words right out of my mouth. How can a couple of people decide for the millions out there what game is worth buying/playing or not not. Never trust game critics and especially movie critics. Rent the game and let yourself be the critic.

Originally posted by BooBoo02+Jul 12, 2003 @ 10:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BooBoo02 @ Jul 12, 2003 @ 10:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-stack99@Jul 13, 2003 @ 05:35 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth. How can a couple of people decide for the millions out there what game is worth buying/playing or not not. Never trust game critics and especially movie critics. Rent the game and let yourself be the critic. [/b][/quote]

I think renting games is a waste of money

If you know which reviewers are good and which ones are crap it helps.

It also helps when multiple reviewers give consistant reviews.

The game that sticks in my mind is the latest Need For Speed.

If I remember right everyone said all the ports other than the PS2 were crap ports. (Not saying the PS2 is the better machine though). All the other ports were probably rush jobs.

I also believe that the GC version was started first, and the decision to make it multiplatform came later on in its development. Remember how it was exclusive to GC then at E3 we learned it would come to all consoles? This is not a guarantee, but the GC version may likely be the best because of this.

I agree with you racket boy that renting is a big waste of money, but relying on someone elses biased reveiw could be a bad thing too, consider since most magazines in the industry are in bed with sony, (ie egm, gmr etc.) You probably won't get the straight poop. so you could get the games freedom pass from bb for 17 dollars, rent as many games in a month and decide for yourself. thats all. I don't like pissing money away like that, but it might be the only way to really find out how a game is sometimes.

:agree

Back