Sonic The Hedgehog 2

One of Sega's best EVER

Best platformer most likely -- especially for it's time.

It still has my favorite bonus rounds.

I just played it again, but died at the final boss. I really suck at games now. :lol:

the final boss is easy once you know what to do :)

but man, I spent hours on that boss the first time I played it.

One of the few games I ever finished.

It was my first Genesis game too. It was the Model 2 Genesis with Sonic 2 Bundle. I don't have it anymore unfortunately. I can't believe I Game Over'd. :blush: Almost every Sonic game is burned into my brain. I memorized everything up until about Metropolis Zone, then lost it at the end. Like racket said, it really isn't a hard boss. Meh, I'll be at hari-kari rock if anyone needs me. In death I'll reclaim my honor. :bow

If you want a challenge, try taking on the final boss with Knuckles. It's not that hard, but it definitely requires a bit of patience.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 18, 2004 @ 09:29 PM

If you want a challenge, try taking on the final boss with Knuckles. It's not that hard, but it definitely requires a bit of patience.

I don't think I've ever tried that... You're on!

BTW, does anyone else play these games on the Sonic Mega Collection for Gamecube? Add the HORI SNES-style controller, and that's the next best thing to the real thing on Genesis. I used to have EVERY Sonic game for Genesis, even that Wacky Worlds game where Sonic was on the cover, but I sold them all for $18 :( along with some other loose cartridges.

My favorite Sonic game. I've played it on the Genesis, Saturn and Gamecube. All rock, but the original is the best.

Back