Sony's new handheld official specs...

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member

Click here

Sounds like a powerfull little gizmo they have there. I am really curious as to how it will stand up to Nintendo's juggernaut the Gameboy.

Let's give Sony a little credit here, I think they realize that battery life is very important(I imagine someone at Sony has played a game gear before), and I'm sure they have a team hard at work to make sure they make it last as long as it can on as little juice as possible(I'm bettin' on a battery pack). They certainly have the resources to fund the research.

As for the specs, they sound interesting to say the least, I think E3 next year is going to be exciting.

AHH frell this thing !!

the prototype will be shown next year?? frell that!! i thought it was comming out now

this thing is gonna suck hermaphrodite anus -- im gonna hate it - but will have to get it - for damn collection purposes

if its comming out 2 years from now i want a more powerfull system

also wireless ethernet? - frelling damn i hate that shit - i only use the wired ones they beter have a wire adapter or something

i hope nintendo (as much as i hate those ass sluts) comes out with something that will blow this away

so the movies this will play will suck - down grade from current dvds uless they got some super ass crunching compression scheme

i wonder how long it will take some dildo to break the piracy protection (no insult to the guy intended)

Nintendo's already working on the next GB.

Big N likes to keep secrets though

Sony likes to hype

What in the hell is a gigaflop? Is it like ET on the Atari? :D

I wait and see what the games are like first.

Sony are the masters of over hyping things. I still havent seen a PS2 game that has the graphics of toy story due to the NURBs technology or a game that conveys the so called "Emotion" engine as was originally promised.

I have a friend who has an emotion engine keychain.... or an emotion engine he drilled a hole through and attached to a keyring rather lol.

I think Sony knows what they're doing. Given their connections in movies, television, and music, which helped them in their gaming division, they will probably be able to pull this one through. I am interested in the PSP, especially its media playback capabilities. The only thing I'm really concerned about is heat- I can definitely see a PSP getting toasty.

the only thing I'm looking forward to is competition

Make Nintendo work a little harder :)

Hopefully this'll give Nintendo a kick up the arse so they can come out with something better. I love my SP, but I'm sure portable technology could be much more than what Nintendo have been putting out over the past few years.

Back