SoundPlayer for Saturn + 2 tools

The last version of your wav to c converter works correctly (no initial clic).

The min size of the pcm array to be played, the min size is 0x900. I believe it is always the case while using slPCMOn, but the testing has been done only with 8 bits mono sounds.

I have written some code using sound priority to bypass the four voice limitation by stoping low prio pcm when a higher prio pcm is needed. It works very well. I can post the code if somebody needs it (irequires sgl).

I just found an unreleased version:

RB_SaturnPCM-050429.rar

Well, I could not believe my eyes when I discovered the same click problem that you described, vreuzon. I checked the version and it was 050311 from SaturnOrbit. Then I discovered I had an unreleased version 050429. So I tested this one(and looked into the source) and the bug is removed there. Strange....

it seems pcm < 0x900 are not played like vreuron said, would it be possible to add "blank" sound to get at least the mnimum size ?

vbt said:
it seems pcm < 0x900 are not played like vreuron said, would it be possible to add "blank" sound to get at least the mnimum size ?

You're right, I experienced that with Saturn MineSweeper back in the days, too. Adding "blank" sound is a possible workaround, just as you said.

Back