South Park Uncut

Shitface

Established Member
Ok guys, i was watching South Park Uncut on comedy central. Damn, they really left the movie uncut. Total curse words, nudity, the works. Now, what does a tv station have to do to enable full cursing. Its somewhat very cool to hear the word fuck on tv. Very childish i know, but it just is weird.
blink.gif
I know they are alowed to show nudity on cartoons, i have seen that plenty on regular tv. But not a full list of cursing.

BTW, i love when bill gates gets shot in the head out of nowhere
laugh.gif

Yeah I was watching that too and was wondering about that Maybe because it's a cartoon and late at night they can do it or something. Did you notice that that's actually kind of a shitty movie? I'd never seen it before butit's kind of crap.

hehe, at the time it came out it was cool. I saw it in theaters with my friends. But now It is pretty poor. The newer eps look better than this movie.

Definately. But I also think that the new eps, the ones with kenny bck are also crap i like the old kenny ones where he dies or the tweak and butters ones

You may be interested to know that in Japanese tv, be it broadcast or cable, it's not unusual to hear cursing and full nudity. And if anyone happens to remember the Simpsons episode where Homer yells out "fuck" (actually it's left up to your imagination what he yells), the Japanese version has the subtitle reading 'F U C K'. And I think I remember reading somewhere that fox stopped showing the WTC episode in America, but in Japan they still show it.

Well, i know in eroupe, they show nudity and have cursing and everything. Well, maybe not all eroupe, but in spain they do. I went when i was younger and they showed some pretty dirty things. My mom tried to cover my eyes while my cousin watched in confusion.
laugh.gif

UK here, we've got somthing called watersheds here where after 9pm and 11pm (depending on level) TV channels can show what they like. Often things do slip by and get shown at an earlier time tho. I cant understand how american television can be so victorian about things...

it was cable tv so cable tv has different rules after a certain time they can put anything on.

USA once had movies that would have nudity on it but that was a while back

Originally posted by emazur@Jul 6, 2003 @ 08:35 AM

And I think I remember reading somewhere that fox stopped showing the WTC episode in America, but in Japan they still show it.

I've seen it recently on tv. I was like "wow, they still will show this one, huh?'.

One show you will NEVER see again is the "Lone Gunmen", the X-Files spinoff with those 3 hacker dudes. The premeire episode they were trying to hack a plane that they were on to NOT fly into the WTC. They of course managed to at the last second, taking out the tower at the top of one of the buildings, but the plot was exactly the same as what happended (except the terrorists hacked the plane from the ground, not hijacked).

OH yeah that show sucked. I did like when robert patrick took over for david duchovney.

And also about America not showing nudity and stuff it's sorta different for America and Europe. See we are kinda not as open to nudity and stuff (swearing isn't actually an issue) as Europe because I dunno we just think that it's not necesary. And I've seen some European shows with excessive nudity. Unless these women are models, I dont want to see the garden variety nudity that you guys get exposed to. Too much floppy breasts and hairy johnsons. I can get all the T&A I need from the interent. We are however more open to violence. You guys get shitty videogames with censored gore and green blood... wtf? So I guess that's kind of where America and Euorpe differ in cultureal acceptance. I mean we must be doing something right because America kicks ass :flamethrower:

Well Canada is better than both the US and Europe
tongue.gif

T.V. is much less censored here and after a certain time (10 or 11 at night I think) pretty much anything goes. I remember fliping through the channels at midnight and landed on a full all out lesbian scene on CBC. Cbc, for you non-canucks, is a government owned T.V. station. We also get the nice non blurry Wild On on canadian channels - its annoying watching shwos on an American station when they blur out breasts and evspecially people giving the camera the finger.... hmmm I wonder what they're doing
sarcasm.gif
There is more open programs too, bash the damn government all you want to if you feel like it. On top of less censorship we also get more European stuff, whatever makes it over here is the best they got too (otherwise why bother bringing it over?). Pretty much all the American channels are shown up here anyway, so I know I'm not missing out
smile.gif

The only downfall to watching T.V. in Canada is that when its on too long it starts to melt the igloo
sad.gif

I still love Die hard II on TBS, when he says "yippee kayee mother fucker!" it dubs to "Yipee Kayee Mr. Falcon" and after a plane runs into the ground and he yells "SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" it dubs to a short"Shoot."in an Arnold like voice.

Anyways, that was a bit off the topic... I think T.V. stations have to go through content rating with some association (it'd be a different one in the States though). Time the content is shown and if its on cable are the main factors.

---Ammut

IIRC, cable TV stations can do whatever they want. They censor themselves because they fear what advertisers will do (who fear what special interest groups will do). Network television has different rules because they bounce around the air waves for free and can be picked up by anyone anywhere. So if I understand correctly Comedy Central could show the South Park movie uncut at 5:00 in the afternoon on a Saturday. But people would bitch and sponsors would freak out and not pay for ads to run. And since premium channels are not supported by ads, they're free to go all out (and do). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

TV, pretty much everywhere but here, is good. I mean all over the world there is shit like open nudity, and swearing, its how these different societies view nudity and cursing, to them, is most cases nudity is art, or can be used for other mediums, like humor, sex (obv) etc. I mean only here are we so uptight that we worry about seeing someone naked or someone seeing us naked, and that carries over into the television world. Btw, man South Park the movie is sooooooooooooooooooo awesome, we need another movie... damn why won't they make another movie.....

:smash

Have you ever heard of the emancipation proclaimation....

I don't listen to HIP HOP.......lmao... that was some funny shit... man that movie is a classic.....lol...

yeah

:agree

Back