Space Channel 5

Space Channel 5? Or Space Channel 5 Part2?

The first part was very nice in terms of design and music, but I did not like the pre-rendered FMV backgrounds... and the controler response was horrible! The game had timing issues that made it barely "playable"...

I heard that the timing problems were fixed in the American release... is that true?

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Oct 17, 2003 @ 08:38 PM

Space Channel 5? Or Space Channel 5 Part2?

The first part was very nice in terms of design and music, but I did not like the pre-rendered FMV backgrounds... and the controler response was horrible! The game had timing issues that made it barely "playable"...

I heard that the timing problems were fixed in the American release... is that true?

the american release isn't too bad control-wise still a little touch, but only every once in a while.

I bought this game when it was cheap at EB, and was pretty surprised. I thought i was gonna play it for a couple of minutes and then lob it onto the cd rack. I ended up playing all night the night I got it.

I enjoyed it very much, I never had too many problems pulling off the button sequences.

I consider Space Channel 5 Part2 as one of the best music games ever created, really nice, the graphics are pretty nice, the character design is amazing, as well as the different outfits, and the songs are just beautiful!

this game was pretty cool, even though my cousins had the hardest time getting the learning curve down, they still wanted to play. the controls weren't up to to the standards of the sequel but it was good enough to play. i didn't like the way the fmv camera and the graphics cameral were not timed right though, and the game was really short, even with the bonus mode.

I liked Part 2 much better even though it was japanese.

Ehh, I don't really get into music games very much- 'cept Rez, but that's more of a shooter. SC5 was fun, but severely lacking in replay value. This is a double edged sword-- if they randomize the patterns, it adds more replay value, but makes the game much harder to come to grips with. Character design and music were cool though, and the game gets bonus points for having Michael Jackson in it.

Back