Square absorbed by Enix?!

That is strange.

It's easy to see why this would benefit Enix, since the name value of Squaresoft and it's more broader operations in the European market, along with a more skilled localization team provide a great boost to it's company.

Still, why Squaresoft would do it puzzles me. After all, thier strong lineup and improved revenue reports which moved them out of the red would of indicated the company was doing well on it's own, and not in a merger position.

Guess you got to see what is said at the press conference.

Does this also mean that Sony owns like 49% of enix as it does Square? If so this sux.......if these 2 ever goes 2nd party, life would suck...

No, this sucks, anyway. What the hell? So, now we have Final Dragon Quest 13/8? Final Fantasy will never be the same again....All I have to say is that Enix had better sit its happy ass back and leave Square to handle the American market. I don't ever want to see a game like Final Fantasy Tactics or Xenogears come out remotely resembling the crap I saw in Dragon Warrior 7. Leave that crap out of my RPGs, thanks, please....

I'm founding an RPG company right here, right now. Somebody has to fill the vacant slot. ::Fumes some more::

BJammz: In answer to you question..

No. Sony's amount of control of the new company will probably drop to around half (very roughly) of what it is now with Square alone, meaning the opposite will most likely be true.. Thankfully. That said, Enix seems to have favoured Sony hardware in recent years, so who knows.

Still, why Squaresoft would do it puzzles me.

To be able to make Dragon Quest spinoffs, maybe? People outside Japan barely pay any attention to Enix, but by all accounts I've read Dragon Quest is HUGE in Japan, almost like Star Wars is in the US.

Originally posted by Michaias@Nov. 27 2002, 2:14 am

No, this sucks, anyway. What the hell? So, now we have Final Dragon Quest 13/8? Final Fantasy will never be the same again....All I have to say is that Enix had better sit its happy ass back and leave Square to handle the American market. I don't ever want to see a game like Final Fantasy Tactics or Xenogears come out remotely resembling the crap I saw in Dragon Warrior 7. Leave that crap out of my RPGs, thanks, please....

I'm founding an RPG company right here, right now. Somebody has to fill the vacant slot. ::Fumes some more::

IMO Final Fantasy can only get better.. I personally hate the more 'realistic' direction the series has taken. Crystal Chronicles looks to be a step in the right direction though. Dragon Warrior 7 is a great game, just not in the graphical department.

Although it's sad to see them have to merge to feel they can survive, I'm really looking forward to what they might do.

Back