Star Wars Trilogy DVD Packaging Leaked

racketboy

Established Member
If you didn't know, the original Star Wars Trilogy will be on DVD within a year or so.

Anyway, the new packaging for the set has been leaked.

Guess there are three options:

The Final Conflict:

Attachments

• DVDOT1_kw.jpg
    DVDOT1_kw.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DVDOT1_kw.jpg
    DVDOT1_kw.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DVDOT1_kw.jpg
    DVDOT1_kw.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 76
Jedi vs Darkside:

Attachments

• DVDOT3_kw.jpg
    DVDOT3_kw.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DVDOT3_kw.jpg
    DVDOT3_kw.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DVDOT3_kw.jpg
    DVDOT3_kw.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 76
The Imperial Collection:

Attachments

• DVDOT2_kw.jpg
    DVDOT2_kw.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DVDOT2_kw.jpg
    DVDOT2_kw.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DVDOT2_kw.jpg
    DVDOT2_kw.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 77
Those are all pretty cool. Though i think I prefer the "Jedi vs Darkside" one the best. My only wish was that the set would have included both the original and the special edition versions.

yeah that seems to be the big issue with most fans.

I do enjoy the special edition though.

Lucas's reasoning is that it's the way he intended it -- I can respect that.

Pfft...talk about screwing money out of the fans. I suppose you won't be a "hardcore" fan unless you own all 4 boxsets.

Originally posted by it290@Mar 2, 2004 @ 12:37 PM

Han shot first!

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what this refers to?

I've heard the same point brought up over and over in reference to the special edition, and have no idea what it's about. :huh It's really driving me nuts.

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy+Mar 2, 2004 @ 10:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(reX dart: eskimo spy @ Mar 2, 2004 @ 10:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-it290@Mar 2, 2004 @ 12:37 PM

Han shot first!

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what this refers to?

I've heard the same point brought up over and over in reference to the special edition, and have no idea what it's about. :huh It's really driving me nuts. [/b][/quote]

that part in the bar/cantina where Greedo come up to Han talking about Han's troubles with Jabba, ransom, blah blah.

Not much of an expert on the whole "who shot first" thing, but that's when it happens

In the original cut of the movie, Han shoots Greedo first under the table while he is threatening him - no warning. George obviously though this was a little low for a heroic figure like Han, so in the special edition, he added Greedo shooting first and missing.

Kinda stupid political correctness change, IMO.

Yeah, seriously. How the hell do you miss someone who's sitting right in front of you? I mean, Greedo's eyes are pretty big too. Are they compound or what? They look like they could be...

Damn. Now that I know about this the scene will bother me every time I watch it.

The laser discs for Star Wars (before it was widely known as A New Hope) has the one of the original trailers on it.

The lightsabers are just glowing white sticks, there's no post production audio and the space scenes have no stars. Kind of cool really. :)

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@Mar 2, 2004 @ 05:09 PM

Yeah, seriously. How the hell do you miss someone who's sitting right in front of you? I mean, Greedo's eyes are pretty big too. Are they compound or what? They look like they could be...

Damn. Now that I know about this the scene will bother me every time I watch it.

If that bugs ya, pay attention to the scene where the stormtroopers go through the door in the Death Star hangar bay control room... one of the extras obviously can't see because he hits his head on the doorway as he goes through. That makes me laugh every time I see it... :hehehe:

I actually know about that one. ;) It's still there in the special edition right? That must be the way George Lucus intended the scene to happen. :thumbs-up:

Or maybe he doesn't know about it. No one tell him!

Back