Story of Thor -- english version?

Ages ago, I played this one action/adventure game called "Story of Thor" and it was a Korean version translated from Japanese; this was the day when Samsumg had an official license to distribute Sega consoles under the Samsung name. Anyways, my cousin (who had the game) now doesn't have it, and I want to play it again. Is there an English version out there? thnx

Yeah, it's called Beyond Oasis. Unless you're in Europe, in which case I believe it's still Story of Thor.

beyond oasis it is. and the euro edition is called Story of Thor.....always wonder why europe-released games don't have to go thru a title change...

We dont get title change because the name was perfectly fine in the first place. No need to change it unless SOA thought you dudes couldnt handle the title being the Story of Thor

Maybe they had to change it because of Marvel Comics or something (although I don't think they can really own the copyright on a Norse god, heh).. is the main character actually called 'Thor' in the Euro version? Because he's 'Ali' in the US version, and the character in Legend of Oasis is a totally different person.

Hey Bugbeak.

I also have the korean version, but my korean sucks. I could barely get past the first 10 minutes! Do you read korean?

sorry for the longass reply, and yeah, I read korean, not as fast as usual, but fast enough.

you don't want the game i take it?

No, I read korean too, but at one word per hour! I can only understand about 15%. BUt a samsung cart is pretty cool... I got it at Techno Mart! :p

Originally posted by jeff-20@Nov 15, 2003 @ 09:25 PM

No, I read korean too, but at one word per hour! I can only understand about 15%. BUt a samsung cart is pretty cool... I got it at Techno Mart! :p

...Techno-mart...you lucky bastard...

Yeah, the days of the Samsung cart and Samsung games (aladdin boy, anyone?) were cool all right.

Too bad those are hard to get cuz they're Korean and not many people know Korean.

Back