Street Fighter Alpha 2 / Street Fighter Zero 2

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
The Saturn version was arguable the best home port ever made. Unlike ports made for other platforms (PSX, SNES, PC), the Saturn version had a Survival Mode, Illustrations mode, both Satsui no Hadou Ryu and Shin Akuma selectable (via secret code, of course
tongue.gif
), and all animation intact (which includes the realtime intro animation). Furthermore, unlike the (button mashing) Versus games, this game required skill to win. All this plus the anime-style graphics and a kick-ass sound track made this one of my favorite games for the Saturn. Well, actually, this WAS the game that made me buy a Saturn in the first place. I had spent way too much money on this game in the arcades before I met my beloved Saturn.
blush.gif

If you like SFA2/SFZ2, raise your hand. :agree

:agree

Street Fighter Alpha 2 is the best of all the SF series... One of the few fighting games where button mashing isn't an option.
tongue.gif

The loading times are the only draw back...

Shortcut mode is wonderfull!
smile.gif

Long Life to SFA2!!!

icon14.gif

Yep, excellent game.

definitly a must have. Perfect fighting game.

... and ken is stronger than ever
biggrin.gif

What about a 'post your sfa2 highscore' ?

SFA 2 OR Alpha 2 DASH/Gold, this is one of the GREATEST 2D arcade conversions EVER!

Cammy White is the best IMO.....

This is basically the only reason why I still own my Saturn. SFA2 is why I hacked out $200 for the system and the game, then I got SFA for kicks. When SFA3 came out, SFA2 just stood out better. No Saturn owner should be without this series.

Originally posted by jeff-20+Feb 17, 2003 @ 11:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeff-20 @ Feb 17, 2003 @ 11:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Is this the Alpha 2 Gold game included with the SF Collection?[/b]

Correct, SFA2 Gold was disc 2 of of 2 of Street Fighter Collection (US/Canada).

<!--QuoteBegin-Reinhart
@Feb 18, 2003 @ 03:58 AM

There is the alpha2 dash in the street fighter collection (jap).

I don't think i'm wrong saying it's the same.
[/quote]

That's almost correct; it's called SF Zero 2 Dash. SFA2 Gold was in the US/Canada version of Street Fighter Collection for both the Saturn and PlayStation. SFZ2 Dash was in the Japanese version of Street Fighter Collection for both the Saturn and PlayStation. SFA2 Gold is the equivalent of SFZ2 Dash. Also, it is supposed to be the home port of the Japanese arcade version of Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha. AFAIK, there was no such version in US/Canada arcades.

Here is a thread for more about Street Fighter Collection and related games.

A testimony to the 2d power of the Saturn.. Nearly perfect arcade conversions of Capcom Fighters.. I have all sfa's on the saturn along with MSH, XmenvsSF, and MShvsSF.. Honestly though, I liked SFz3 the most out of all of them.. I still play SFa3 online via kaillera everyday.. I still have very fond memories of playing all of them on my saturn.. *me hopes for saturn emulation to progress*.. :cheers

Originally posted by Sickliquid86@Mar 11, 2003 @ 09:22 PM

woah you can play SFA3 online with saturn how?

No, what fivefeet8 meant was he plays SFA3 online with the help of the Kaillera client (a mere 32KB file called "kailleraclient.dll") on his computer. And it's not the Saturn version, it's the arcade version played with an emulator on computer.

I can't stand people who blame all losses to button mashing. Simply because if you were a player with any experience, button mashers wouldn't even be a round. More like a free cut-scene. All you do is block his crazy attempts, and during his recover time, counter with supers or a long chain combo, and repeat. Or if your really impatient, just screw politness and do an Infinite.

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@May 5, 2003 @ 08:10 PM

Or if your really impatient, just screw politness and do an Infinite.

a what?!?
blink.gif
an 'infinite'?????? whats one of them when there at home???

Its the best 2D beat em up I've ever played, just ahead of Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge and Marvel Super Heroes. I prefer it to Alpha 3 for some reason.

I wish I had a better net connection, playing Kaillera on dial-up just doesnt cut it :(

Originally posted by axelblazeadam@Sep 18, 2003 @ 08:39 AM

Its the best 2D beat em up I've ever played, just ahead of Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge and Marvel Super Heroes. I prefer it to Alpha 3 for some reason.

I wish I had a better net connection, playing Kaillera on dial-up just doesnt cut it :(

Too bad Marvel Super Heroes on Saturn had horrible load times :(

Back