Suggestion Time

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
What would you like to see on this site or could be improved?

Suggestions so far:

Archiving

Manual Section

how about SegaXtreme Tourneys?

Most Emulators nowadays support multiplayer options over the net... we can have some tourneys or "game days"

could be fun.

How about a Sega 3rd party developer, or Sega in house developer of the week? There can be an article spotlighting the developers history on Sega Consoles, and special new reviews for their games.

This place needs a gimmick. Something so unique to it, that when people hear it, they think, "SegaXtreme".

hehe, we have stuff that nobody else has. Only site I know of with Sega home made music videos and also genesis music ripped from a real genesis. But that 3rd party developer of the week sounds interesting.

Brought it before, and I will again. A nice redo/overhaul of SX.

Redo all those links on the left, ie make it more intuitive.

Redo all the guides, reorganize them, etc.

I feel as though this site could be a lot more than just the message board, but it isn't. I'd like to see all these things, and as I've said before i'm more than willing to help.

i like the way the site looks i dont think it needs an over haul -- some fancy shmancy stuff could be added though with out realy changing the look -- like somekind of animated menu

mabey contests with dinky prizes ( donated by members) for game related art ( hand drawn or done on computer ) or winning games (online) (that i think would take some work though keeping track of the games - mabey honor system could be used)

what about adding an ancient sega area for disusion about real old sega games like the arm wrestleing machine game or including the pre-sega console games in the game of the week section

Gallstaff, we're still waiting on the cupcakes.

Can't you do them first?
biggrin.gif

I believe MTX has the right idea for the right reasons. Let's see a different layout with more attention drawn to what you have.

I have another suggestion. Don't allow Fabrizo to contribute comics. The nicest way to put it is his skill at humor is either undeveloped or underdeveloped.

Fabrizo no doubt since Calganagain spends a lot of trolling time at NX, and wasn't particularly impressed with Fabrizo's efforts. Which is fair enough because Calganagain contributes so much himself.

Don't change the board interface -- it's my favorite of the whole net -- except you can't delete posts yourself.

NX and VGR's boards are nowhere as nice

So because I provide nothing then I should lie about his comics and pretend they aren't plagued by teen humor which is in no way funny.

Karny hasn't banned me yet so my posting must not be half as bad as you think it is. Besides I don't post frequently enough at NX to be a troll. I don't post here much since when I was a regular your console forums seemed more techie oriented rather than gaming oriented and most other topics I couldn't get interested in.

Here's what I'd love to see.

1. A fan fiction area with stories based on characters from Sega's games. Dark, silly, humorous/serious, anything worth reading, just for fun.

2. A section with fan-made remixes of great videogame music (from games on the Saturn/Sega CD/32x/Genesis of course... maybe Dreamcast, too). I can think of a few contributions of my own to make
smile.gif

3. Much-needed updates to the misc. section... to the guides/FAQs to an extent, but definitely to the software section. For one thing, ASPI 4.57 is so totally out of date it's just sad. Even EZ CD Pro 95 can be entirely replaced by CDRWin, Nero and the like. I just hate to see unknowing people downloading tools they don't know are old and outdated.

Originally posted by Taelon@Feb. 07 2003, 3:37 pm

3. Much-needed updates to the misc. section... to the guides/FAQs to an extent, but definitely to the software section. For one thing, ASPI 4.57 is so totally out of date it's just sad. Even EZ CD Pro 95 can be entirely replaced by CDRWin, Nero and the like. I just hate to see unknowing people downloading tools they don't know are old and outdated.

Yeah, Nero and Sega Cue Maker make for a wicked combo
smile.gif

Back