Super duper 32X idea

They sell 32x's for around $5 each by my house.

I have an idea... what it I buy 10 of them and stack them on top of each other? Is there any way to make a program that will take advantage of all this parallel processing power? Will the 32X's even run with each other?!

Imagine playing a dreamcast emulator on my Sega CD with about 20 32X systems stacked on top of it :D

It might be possible to stack a few of them, but I can't say for sure whether you'd be able to get any more than 1 of them to boot code. I'm not sure to what extent the 32X passes signals through from the Genesis to it's cart port and I'm not sure of the range provided through the bank switching it provides.

:wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker

that's the best smiley i've ever seen

It would never work. The 32X would just sit there and do nothing. Same reason why the 32X manual specifically says it will not work with the Genesis version of Virtua Racing.

LOL, :rtfm

I get the licensing text with Virtua Racing genesis. That's it. I've still gotta pick up the 32X version when I get a few spare bucks.

I'm sure if your some pro techie it's possible to actually use the processing power, but also consider the weight, and heat generated, and electrical interference. also you could never play DC on the SEGA CD even if you were a genius, unless you converted the games down to CDR, remember only a GD-ROM drive can actully read a real GD-ROM! all of this would be alot of work and i don't think even a genius would waste time on something like this!

Originally posted by SEGAFan 3000DC@Oct 18, 2003 @ 06:03 PM

I'm sure if your some pro techie it's possible to actually use the processing power, but also consider the weight, and heat generated, and electrical interference. also you could never play DC on the SEGA CD even if you were a genius, unless you converted the games down to CDR, remember only a GD-ROM drive can actully read a real GD-ROM! all of this would be alot of work and i don't think even a genius would waste time on something like this!

No. The Sega CD uses a 1X CD-ROM drive. The issue is not reading the games... its the speed at which you could read them. Also the SH2s don't have FPUs. Besides, the idea is just silly.

As i said it's possible but it would involve too much work to be worth it, in the end you really won't have a SEGA anymore. also to make the data readable would probably be violating the law on top of that. I seriously doubt even in the distant future, this idea would ever be taken seriously.

eek! I forgot about that.

Yeah I'm working on capturing video from my Genny and SCD, and I had to find plugs for those things

Back