Swaptrick ?

I have what appears to be a late model 2, and its a absolute BITCH to swap, isint there a easier way to swap ? I could get a mod chip but thats out of my budget right now.

I have the same model and i never got the swap trick to work, I just bought a mod chip it was only around 20 bucks.

The swap trick is not that hard to do on the model 2 saturn. Mod the lid so it always stays shut. insert ripped cd, wait till the laser moves (long noise) then swap with an original cd, wait for the laser to move back (long noise) and then re-insert the ripped cd. It's worked everytime for me and I have a model 2 saturn.

To make a long story short, there are more than two models of Saturn. My friend has a later "Model 2", and the swap will not work unless you get the timing exactly right and manually spin up the CD so that you don't have to wait for the system to spin it up. There is clearly a difference in difficulty, as I swap in my model 1 based on the sound of the laser moving and I never have problems, but I have yet to get his to work on the first try (fortunately, the way the CD controller works will accomodate multiple swap attempts per boot if done properly).

easy way to swap :

• insert burned disc
  • wait until the disc spins down at the cd player screen, and displays track and time info
  • take out burn and insert original
  • hit the reset button
  • wait until the disc begins to spin fast, then quickly remove original and place swap. you have a lot more time to insert copy after removing original than other swap methods.
  • game should load up. always works for me. never had any probs. i also always get it on the first try.

i dunno if this is the same method shentar described, as i never cared to look when he posted it.

Thank you all, im a iddiot :p well the werid thing is latly when i do the 2nd swap my system resets for some reason grrrrrrrr....

lockecole2, when should the disc begin to spin fast ? when the system first starts up ? even when ever i still get the cd player screen.

(Edited by Captian Crazy at 7:11 pm on Jan. 26, 2002)

Really, just save up and buy a mod.

I've not had a moments' problem with mine, and certainly nothing like the frustration you're going through.

Quote: from Captian Crazy on 6:33 pm on Jan. 26, 2002

Thank you all, im a iddiot :p well the werid thing is latly when i do the 2nd swap my system resets for some reason grrrrrrrr....

lockecole2, when should the disc begin to spin fast ? when the system first starts up ? even when ever i still get the cd player screen.

(Edited by Captian Crazy at 7:11 pm on Jan. 26, 2002)

when the saturn logo is just about assembled, after you reset with the original in the drive. the original will spin fast and you can swap it there. the game will then start up.

reset? i just insert original it goes to cd screen..click start it reads boot part when the laser goes back to center i just go ahead and insert the copy...real easy for me. I have a model 2.

Back