SX Radio

I was thinking about it and I think it would be cool to have a radio station that we could all listen to insted of downloading those files from the soundtrack section.

That sounds like a damn good idea...

and you still haven't gotten back to me on if you want my saturn or not, we discussed it awhile ago! name a price, im fairly easy to manhandle and negotiate with.

Heh, I tried something like this a long time ago called SuperSonic Radio on Live365, but I more or less gave up on it due to lack of interest.

I currently run RPGFan Radio, though it has interest due to a larger potential audience. Online radio sucks a lot of bandwidth though, even at low bitrates. It usually is more cost conservative to go with a provider like Live365 than run your own thing, all dependant on how many people listen of course. If you have a small audience, it'd be feasible to run something off your own computer, though you pretty much kill your bandwidth completely for downloading purposes.

As a game music lover, you may enjoy this. Just something I'm hosting for a few friends at the moment, and hey... what the hell. Enjoy.

Note: I am aware of the glitch at the 4:28 mark... that's not from bad MP3 encoding, it's from a badly mastered CD. Annoying glitch on what is otherwise an awesome song. *sigh*

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sun, 2005-01-02 @ 08:22 PM

That sounds like a damn good idea...

and you still haven't gotten back to me on if you want my saturn or not, we discussed it awhile ago! name a price, im fairly easy to manhandle and negotiate with.

[post=126932]Quoted post[/post]​

Um, I will need to get back to you.

It worked using WMP9 when I was at work, but it isn't working from home. :huh:

I guess it's down ATM.

It didn't work for me at work, but I will try again when I get home, its definately a great idea...

Well, Link is running his stream at 112kbps. That would equal 14 kilobytes a second.

If one person downloads at that speed for 24 hours, that'd be 1.15 gigabytes.

If I figured that correctly.

I don't know what software you're using, but the best streaming solution I've heard is 64Kb MP3Pro. It's a very good compromise of sound quality and bandwidth use. 80K OGG would be the next best solution, but I know OGG streams cause problems with some versions of Winamp.

Back